Abner server spawn delay

soulJAHmon

set sv_mapRotation "gametype war map mp_overgrown gametype sab map mp_creek gametype sd map mp_countdown gametype war map mp_farm gametype dom map mp_convoy gametype koth map mp_carentan gametype sd map mp_bog gametype dom map mp_backlot gametype war map mp_broadcast gametype koth map mp_vacant gametype sd map mp_crash gametype dom map mp_bloc gametype war map mp_pipeline gametype sab map mp_crossfire gametype dom map mp_strike"

I have this rotation ready to go, will implement asap, currently waiting for a reply to a question asked in another thread atm.

Will bump the respawn delay up a little bit and see how it goes...as it stands right now it's set to -1, will try it at 1-2.

Edited by GI-JOE

As a part-time but loyal guest on Abnerdog & 50-Slot COD 4 #5 server 1.7 Patch / Germany, I'd request zero spawn delay. I can handle anything annoying in the fps gaming world except that. Although the counter points raised were valid, its just so annoying to have to sit there for 3 secs waiting for a re-spawn when you could die just as easily from a random nade, or an air strike.

Regarding map rotations, Killhouse and Wet Work TDM would be nice to see (being ex-boarding party). More Sabotage/Headquarters/S&D match styles please. Objective oriented game play gives players a sense of purpose and fosters teamwork.

My 2 cents.

• 3 weeks later...

Rotation and server settings implemented, sorry for the delay fellas. Let me know if anything is wrong and tell me how you feel about the spawn delay..

Edited by GI-JOE

I really like the spawn delay, because it gives you an opportunity to figure out where the enemy is that shot and killed you as they seem to camp the same place after you spawn. But I agree with Joe... this is going to effect the demos that are taken during bans. It probably wont matter as much in Abnerdog as we dont ban there as often as we do in beginners. I love the new rotations just wish they had more tdm. :P

AND I LOVE DOWNPOUR! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Sorry for the spam.

I am loving the variety of the maps and game types. Everyone seems to be loving the Spawn delay. It makes capping basses and flags MUCH easier. Though I've been hearing about complaints from some of the regulars about to many HQs and S&D and not enough Sabotage. Maybe it's because they haven't acquired the tactics for them? However, most of the majority seems to be enjoying the new rotation. Thanks Joe! :yahoo

All I did was update the rotation and server settings, Speedy is the one who came up with the rotation and bugged me to do it, so don't forget to thank him :P

• Like 1

Thanks JOE & SPEEDY ...

I do have one question though, with the increased spawn delay do the CLAYMORES have to also remain active longer as well ?

Used to be you kill someone and the Claymore remained active for 1 second past his death, but now it seems like it's 1 sec past his Re-Spwan, which means more like 4-5 seconds now with the longer respawn time. Just a minor issue but it is starting to bug me. wondering if there's an option to set back claymore active time post death ?

Thanks again !

- LAKF