What do you hate about action movies?

Ol Smoke

I will start this off with two or three of my biggest peeves.

I hate car scenes where a car comes flying into the back of a parked car, on the street, and flips up in the air, and rolls over. All of this, and the parked car never moves.

I hate cannister blows that make a car suddenly fly up in the air and spin over. Especially when you can still see the smoke coming out of the cannister mortar.

I hate it when good guys hide behind car doors and never get hit with an AK47 round. A buddy of mine has a wrecking yard and we went out and tested every weapon we

had in this scenario. My .22 LR pistol at 20 yards went right thru the door of a Dodge Aspen without even slowing down. We shot the front end of a Buick with a 7.62 rifle

and the bullet went clear through the car and came out the trunk lid. It then went thru the car behind it.

Now lets hear about some of your pet peeves about movie stupidity.

• Like 1

I realy hate those movies with steven seagal in it, or movies which have such a character like him. But especially it's seagal i hate :D. I also dislike it when 10 people are shooting on the main character, whereafter he leaves the building without a scratch (like steven seagal xD).

Though there are some action movies which i realy, realy like, like "Inception", "In Time" or "Unknown". These movies have (in my opinion) a well thought out story line and plot. Besides they don't use cheap-ass effects for explosions or unrealistic gunfights.

i hate it when they are very unrealistic! i love these action movies where the protagonist gets shot several times and really is near the end when it happens!

Very annoying as well is when police men form a building with sniper rifles -.- had that once in a movie and i was really close to rage :D

also many of these typical action movies don't have a good story... but movies with an intelligent story with some turns and fast paced thrill are really nice :D

• 2 weeks later...

When the camera angle changes before the punch or kick connects with the target. When a fighter uses a spinning crescent kick to the chin! When the bad guy dies and the good guy lives. These are the things I hate about action movies. Oh wait.... 1 more... when the hero pushes the button and blows up the thingy but just walks away without looking to see it blow up. Faux smooth.

I like action movies, but i cant understand, why they make so many mistakes... If you carely watch action movie, you will see many mistakes, like if car drives, driver brokes mirror, few seconds later its not broken, and some few seconds more later its again broken.