TZ-AC Discontinuation

Quovadis

Unfortunately the time has come where TZ-AC will no longer be developed or supported. Following issues with a new partnership with TZ-AC, the project will be discontinued and unusable from the beginning of December.

TZ-AC was a much needed replacement for Punkbuster, which was also discontinued for Enemy Territory last year in October 2011. This means that Enemy Territory will now be left without an actively used anti-cheat client. TZ-AC has been used in ESL and CB matches.

Two years have passed since the first development of TZ-AC (formally SLAC), so despite its issues now, and the fact it will not longer be supported, we must of course thank khaplja for the development and helping to keep ET in the state it has been in for some time.

Tomislav Zubcic, the developer of TZ-AC will be posting the following about the discontinuation of TZ-AC Quoteafter more than 2 years of running this project, I have sad news to announce: I am shutting down TZAC.

From the very start of TZAC, I've tried finding partners and a couple of times it seemed promising, but every time something went wrong. 2 years have been more than enough, I have no hopes anymore, nor motivation to keep working on TZAC and it resulted in lack of updates - which you may have noticed lately.

I'm deeply sorry because I haven't done with TZAC everything I planned on doing - a lot of stuff was not implemented which should have been done ages ago.

I hope that during the project's lifetime it helped you, both league admins and league players.

Therefore, TZAC will be shut down on 1 December 2012. Hopefully you'll find an alternative that will be just as good, or even better.

At YCN-Hosting, we have been supporting the development of TZ-AC for a long time now and are also sad to see its end, however we would like to point out that we will still actively support the Enemy Territory community, and any projects that could improve the number of players, or the fair play of the game.

source : http://www.crossfire.nu/news/7778/tz-ac-discontinuation

Edited by QuoVadiS

So no more of "he plays on tzac and he is clean"...(even though he suck on tzac) .. good belly laugh every time I read this sentence .

• Like 7

I think he said something about shutting down last year as well . it's gonna weird because I looked at the news from tzac yesterday now this ... well...hopefully something new gets started with multi support

• Clan Friend

Bad news for ET, I remember when I started in 2006 people already said the game was dead, now it's a bit closer to the truth.

Let's see things from a positive point of view, maybe I will be finally able to play from Linux on etpro as well, since with tzac I was forced to boot from win. :P

Anyway I never noticed such skilldrop in tzac publics, if compared to pb or nopb ones. Imho who cheats cheats everywhere, and players who don't are the majority.

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

bye bye ETpro

jaymod ftw :)

why bye bye?

Jaymod doesn't have an anticheat either, and it's not being developed (if I'm not mistaken) as well.

And also it's the nubest mod ever, they spent time to add poisoned knives, but they didn't even make a cvar to toggle bullet tracers, or make class/weapon commands like etpro, in other words it's a toy mod for players who don't care about important things, but like new stuff which breaks the game balance.

Playing with a high ping, with all those stupid delayed bullet tracers is really confusing to me.

Even the game phisics suck, or rather, the game feels (is?) different. Which means sucking for those who started with etpro, and who would like the same feeling. Try some gammajump maps with jaymod, in some places you fall and you don't even bounce ffs...

fk et pro fk tzac.. jaymod wins . plz 20 poison knives on all jaymod servers ..increasing panzer, mortar arty is next... giving every high skill (or I have played etpro type players) reason to complain more .

• Like 2

• Clan Friend

Tzac wasn't made with public servers in mind, anyway. But (at least, when it was a new thing, after that not so much) I must say I felt safe from cheaters for a while.

As regards the mods thing (which is a bit off topic actually, but I would like to explain my view, since people could think I just wanna bash anything that's not etpro)

Silent is nice, and it's still being improved and updated, jaymod is not *that* bad, for example hit detection is quite good (well, if you can see where you are actually aiming with those ###### tracers in the way), but the mod could be better.

If I join a silent server, I can use my etpro config and change classes, etc. (well, not perfectly since the weapon indexes don't match). I can have autoexec for axis and allies, etc. All those 'etpro things' like timerset, are there.

Jaymod lacks some stuff... Where is server-side cvar forcing, to block lamers from using some settings? Is antiwarp good? I have never seen people warp on etpro, (maybe because in some jaymod servers game speed is faster than normal). On jaymod, when they lag, they teleport suddenly miles away.

Etpro (and we shouldn't forget ettv, et patches, so we should be thankful for that as well) was developed having the competitive community in mind. Fixing the bugs without changing the game too much.

And for many of the things that make ET what it is (good antilag, headbox matching players heads, etc. etc.) we should thank them as well, since they had those ideas first, and other mods followed. I am not aware of any feature that etpro copied from other mods (provided that those mods even existed back then).

So I think it will still be played even without tzac.

For those not up to date with recent happenings. ESL is developing ESL wire to work with ET. So there will be an up to date anti cheat from, im my eyes, the biggest league in europe. (and best funded)

• Like 2