Which Football?

Ajreag

I don,t get it,why are americans calling their handegg football :D but since it's not that popular in Europe like soccer is i go for soccer.

I believe there are real world reasons why soccer emerged as the most popular sport. All you need is 2 simple frames for goals and a ball. Consequently, it was easy to play for people in all nations, even in areas of abject poverty. That is why, IMO, soccer became the "World's Game" On the other hand, Amer. football requires a buttload of expensive gear, goal posts, etc. that make it impractical for the same folks references above.

"handegg"....shame Spit, shame......

As far as rugby's concerned, i do enjoy watching, but don't get the rules, it looks brutal and its takes all the strangeness of the line of scrimmage from our football and puts it on steroids. Like a bunch of hungry grizzly bears playin tug-o-war with a honey pot, lol. Last time I saw a match, I spent the whole time cringing at the thought of being stuck at the bottom of that pile of sweaty dudes, with my face in the mud, the ball wedged in my crotch, and all those big lugs tearing at it with arms like fuzzy logs! OMG, can't fathom the dedication! lol

two totally different sports - americanized football and euro football. american football evolved from english rugby which is where aussie rules football probably comes ffrom as well. and euro footy hasn't changed.

Like the way most north americans view it, watching euro football/soccer is sometimes like watching a hilarious stage play... the over-acting and rolling on the ground in pain when a player gets injured, clutching his ankle making it look like his leg just fell off. too over dramatic. drawing a penalty is one thing, but seriously it is funny shit. makes me change the channel to watch hockey. and i played soccer for 10 years!

btw, I'll pick the NFL - Chicago Bears!

i think americans are not allowed to vote they dont know how to play soccer LOL :P

Booooo Douglas! i played little league soccer for 5 years, and we were the Champs for 4 outta those 5 years! Go Washington Cheese Company!!!! (our sponsor) I wasn't always old an slow you know.

Seattle Seahawks FTW

Edited by soulJAHmon

Aussie Rules! If you like lean, explosive, powerful, highly skilled athletes that play seriousely hard you just can't beat AFL. With a Grandfinal in a fortnight you can expect 100,000 passionate fans at the MCG for the greatest day of the year on the Australian calender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxhqXzVBen4&feature=fvwrel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FFDNNcHx28

Edited by MaKy

Booooo Douglas! i played little league soccer for 5 years, and we were the Champs for 4 outta those 5 years! Go Washington Cheese Company!!!! (our sponsor) I wasn't always old an slow you know.

Seattle Seahawks FTW

YES MAN!! the see hawks rule!! their new jerseys are so damn awesome !!