Yangtze River Turns Blood Red in Chongqing, China

Waffles

This reminds me of when a Red Tide (I just thought of at least 4 dirty references).

If you haven't seen a red tide, it's caused by alge in the ocean and during the evening it turns the water luminescent. It's weird/cool as hell to surf in.

Heres a short video of what it looks like.

Edit: I found a much cooler video than the first.

Edited by NoGooD

It looks awesome! Should stay like that if it doesn't hurt any fish =P

lol it looks scary :3

i remember an old story about the world ending soooon~

Run!

LMAOO!! xD

This reminds me of when a Red Tide (I just thought of at least 4 dirty references).

If you haven't seen a red tide, it's caused by alge in the ocean and during the evening it turns the water luminescent. It's weird/cool as hell to surf in.

Heres a short video of what it looks like.

Edit: I found a much cooler video than the first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQX3yK8aw3Y&feature=related

WOW thats cool!! although that one looks almost glowing, compared to the river, it looks like somewhat bloody kool aid :P

Taken from the top comment on that youtube video:

I Googled "what makes water turn red" and I came across an article that talked about a river in Alberta, Canada where the water also turned red. The article said, "The phenomenom was caused by the high levels of rain washing a red coloured sediment called argolite from the rocks and into the water." I don't know if the mountains near the Yangtze river have "argolite"; however, I think there is a possibility that argolite and the heavy rain fall it experiences might be worth looking in to.

Looks more orange to me, probably a bunch of Dutch soccer fans throwing orange paint in the water!!

6787295-dutch-soccer-fans-in-orange-clothes-with-beer.jpg

Edited by ajnl

Chuck Norris was visiting there, somebody spilled his drink. This is what happens.

LMFAOO!

Taken from the top comment on that youtube video:

Looks more orange to me, probably a bunch of Dutch soccer fans throwing orange paint in the water!!

6787295-dutch-soccer-fans-in-orange-clothes-with-beer.jpg

Really?! Thats a lot of paint. xD