Can someone refer a good gaming LAPTOP?

Midnight

might keep an eye on the Asus Zenbook U500 that should be out in October. Ultrabook size, 15.6 in screen, 650m g-card, i7 quad core, dual SSD, bad ass 1080screen, etc etc. http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/29/asus-unveils-15-inch-zenbook-u500-ivy-bridge-optional-nvidia-g/

Depending on the price, I'll be getting one in January.

might keep an eye on the Asus Zenbook U500 that should be out in October. Ultrabook size, 15.6 in screen, 650m g-card, i7 quad core, dual SSD, bad ass 1080screen, etc etc. http://www.engadget....ional-nvidia-g/

Depending on the price, I'll be getting one in January.

I would start to worry about temperatures with those laptops. Even my normal size laptop get's cooked when gaming (nothing so bad that I worried about though). Really can't see if they can get it cool enough.

Would for sure first check the reviews about it (well, not that I ever buy something without doing that :P)

You say that you dont have room for a desktop but you could always build a micro-atx computer or buy one. It would absolutely destroy any laptop with a powerful videocard like a 570GTX or higher in it.

http://www.overclock...00w-modular-psu

for some forbidden reason, i can't open that link.............and how can a powerful graphics card destroy a laptop? i just don't get it sorry..could you explain a bit more? i'm a noob :P. ..oh ok i get it

Edited by PiaNist

for some forbidden reason, i can't open that .............and how can a powerful graphics card destroy a laptop? i just don't get it sorry..could you explain a bit more? i'm a noob :P

simple rules:

desktop > laptop

powerful desktop graphics will beat 'powerful' laptop graphics.

Thanks for the opinions guys. I am looking at an ASUS laptop, Dell second and Alienware last. I have a cooling pad for my laptop currently, but I have noticed that it is starting to make weird noises when pressing down on it and not keeping the computer as cool when it started out. So I would def invest in a new one of those. Also if this topic is helpful to others and they have questions, there is no hijack. :P

Also I need a computer where the cord for the plug is easily and cheaply replaced. I always ruin mine because of the way I set up my gaming station at home. Still looking through all the computers.

I have a cooling pad for my laptop currently, but I have noticed that it is starting to make weird noises when pressing down on it and not keeping the computer as cool when it started out.

might wanna clean out the dust? :P

If you need a cooling pad, the laptop is not well build. Except if you have SLI in your laptop and stuff.

So, none of my laptops are designed well :P

Minecraft never fails to get my laptop hot (83 °c ) if I don't 'turn off' intel turbo boost or whatever it's called :P

3h battlefield 3: laptop about 70°c -75°c.

The reason I don't trust laptops for gaming (well I never buy a 'gaming laptop' to begin with, because it's not worth it in my opinion)

Edited by DrJoske

If you need a cooling pad, the laptop is not well build. Except if you have SLI in your laptop and stuff.

my old dell has integrated graphics and a craptastic amd turion dual core. It gets hot enough to be uncomfortable on my lap.

I play on my bed and the cord has to be squeezed between the mattress and headboard to get to the plug. And then I always jump off my bed and well sometimes the cord or computer go with me. :(

And AJ, not yet. Unfortunately I have run into budget issues and don't want to look at anything right now. Psychological thing...

And AJ, not yet. Unfortunately I have run into budget issues and don't want to look at anything right now. Psychological thing...

Ok, well when you do buy one, let us know which one you got and what you think of it! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Pick me! Pick me! Pick me!

I have decided. I really like the Asus G60Vx but I couldn't find a new one. All searched came up with refurbished ones. However, I only really liked it for the design, although it had good specs. The one that I linked has bette specs. Thanks everyone for your help. It was greatly appreciated. I am hoping to buy it within the next few days. Wish me luck. :P

• Like 1