Can someone refer a good gaming LAPTOP?

Midnight

I've got an older Asus now that I've been pretty happy with. I have had overheating issues with Asus laptops in the past, but they were pretty hit and miss. Another option is a Sager. This was my favorite gaming laptop. Not the prettiest, but ran fast and cool and never had any issues. http://www.sagernote...&selected_cat=3

Thanks guys this helps out a lot. Sorry I have been sick so not really paying attention to the forums.

I prioritize school and work over gaming, but I have smaller portable laptop for that. Unfortunately, it does not have a lot of memory built into it so everything gets saved to a usb. I wanted a separate laptop for gaming and photo editing. Unfortunately I do not have room for a desktop and will have to stick with a laptop.

I will look at the links over time and hopefully pick one. I do like alienware, but I am afraid that it is a bit pricey and large for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Imo do NOT buy a medion ever ! After waranty, youre pretty much f***ed when something happens with it. No parts, info ect ect ......

I love the Asus laptops, i own one myself. ===> http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G60Vx/

Its a older model, but still works like a charm !

Imo these laptops are great :

Dell Alienware

Asus ROG (not standard Asus)

And try to get a laptop with a backlight in the KB, that rules bigtime.........

cheers

backlight in the keyboard is one of the most useless design features, usually the screen lights enough s.t. you see where the keys are, if you don't remorize from your head.

backlight in the keyboard is one of the most useless design features, usually the screen lights enough s.t. you see where the keys are, if you don't remorize from your head.

So i gues you dont have it huh ? ...... IMO it's very handy when youre in a dark room, my HD led screen from my laptop doesnt light my kb at all.

When i use another laptop without the kb lighting it just plain sucks bigtime. ........ but for everyone his own opinion. I like it bigtime.

So i gues you dont have it huh ? ...... IMO it's very handy when youre in a dark room, my HD led screen from my laptop doesnt light my kb at all.

When i use another laptop without the kb lighting it just plain sucks bigtime. ........ but for everyone his own opinion. I like it bigtime.

I have it, and it is over 99.9% of the time useless. The only single moment I use it, is when I'm watching TV and my laptop is connected to my second screen, and I want to set that screen to black by FN-d. That is the only case I don't have enough light for using the keyboard. Backlit keyboard and all looks nice, but don't let that be any more criterion than choosing a black over grey laptop.

Also, computering in an entirely dark room is not really good for your eyes.

I have it, and it is over 99.9% of the time useless. The only single moment I use it, is when I'm watching TV and my laptop is connected to my second screen, and I want to set that screen to black by FN-d. That is the only case I don't have enough light for using the keyboard. Backlit keyboard and all looks nice, but don't let that be any more criterion than choosing a black over grey laptop.

Also, computering in an entirely dark room is not really good for your eyes.

Well, I would even go further. I really got annoyed by backlit and I never want it again. (Once you know the layout of your keyboard you don't need to look at it anyway)

Anyway, I'm currently using the asus n55sf (there is a newer version released, think aj posted link to that one or one of the same serie).

Would I recommend it, not to take with you a lot.

But that because I had a shitload of problems with it (got good warranty so no a big deal): adapter getting f***ed up, sound input broken, edge around screen disconnecting (the plastic)

=> overall not a real solid laptop, good for at home, not to abuse (like I do :P)

Which brand I would pick, no idea I would just make a checklist what I want to do with it for what budget (transport a lot, gaming, photo editing, battery power,...) and go shopping (checking options, reading reviews, etc).

Then, but this is personal: I would take out the optical drive and put a ssd on that spot (not sure if possible with all laptops). At least that's what I have done with mine :P

Sorry for hijacking this topic somehow but i have a similar dilemma. I'm torn between Asus N56VZ & Lenovo Y580. Like some of you here, I'm not really a desktop lover. I'm more on mobility & space saver so I opt to choose notebook over desktop PC. So given the budget & product availability in my place, Asus N56VZ & Lenovo Y580 are my best choices. Question is which one to buy from these two choices. I've read many different comparisons & opinions in some forums & still can't decide. So i thought why not ask you guys :P

i got a amd 8 core gateway gaming laptop with 16 gigs of ram and 256 ssd and 2gb video card drive i paid 549.99 why would you people want to spend so much damn money shop smart if you guys dont know http://www.tigerdirect.com/ is and will always be the cheapest and best place for all pc needs

i got a amd 8 core gateway gaming laptop with 16 gigs of ram and 256 ssd and 2gb video card drive i paid 549.99 why would you people want to spend so much damn money shop smart if you guys dont know http://www.tigerdirect.com/ is and will always be the cheapest and best place for all pc needs

What laptop you have?

You say that you dont have room for a desktop but you could always build a micro-atx computer or buy one. It would absolutely destroy any laptop with a powerful videocard like a 570GTX or higher in it.

http://www.overclock...00w-modular-psu

Edited by TulsaGeoff