No Marty MIX GAMETYPE server rename?

DontShootUK

I was looking for the No Marty MIX GAMETYPE No Lag... server which is often empty and in the end had to enter it's IP address into favourites as it was difficult to spot by name. I was thinking can we rename it F|A MixedGame similar to F|A Beginners to make it stand out, that way the server might attract other FA members and attract more people. Why not F|A Killhouse as well?

• Like 2

I agree as well. I was never able to find the Killhouse server by name until (I think) Gi-Joe sent me the ip. I agree that both should be renamed to have the F|A in the front. +1 from me!

I agree as well. I was never able to find the Killhouse server by name until (I think) Gi-Joe sent me the ip. I agree that both should be renamed to have the F|A in the front. +1 from me!

You could have looked here too ;)http://fearless-assassins.com/cod4servers.html

But yes, this sounds like a good idea.

Yep I meant just a rename, I did look it up in the end on the website to find it.. wrote the IP address down then manually added it to the favourites.. ended up having a top one on one game with F|A Gubbi funny enough but it is such a shame to see a great server empty all the time.

I think if all the COD Servers had a naming convention it would encourage players to switch between all the servers. F|A Beginners is a great servers to draw people in and recruit but it would be great to keep players and offer them other game types once they advance and the mix mode server does and seeing it in the list of servers in game and identifying it easier as F|A I feel would help.

Also while we are on the subject why not the same Player "Trick" to make it seem like the server is full to draw the crowds? If we are going to host the server and admin it why not use it.

• 2 weeks later...

Can we bump this? I joined the other server NO MARTY NO LAG RECRUITING and it seemed empty as well (how do the server stats/logs look) as I heard this was off-line for a bit.. could this also do with a server name rename to F|A Recruiting?

F|A Beginners

F|A Killhouse

F|A Beginners

F|A MixedGame

?

I agree with the server renaming. I would also like to point out that the only server playing soft core is the recruiting server which is empty. I, personally, would like to see us get that server repopulated or have at least one server running soft core because some people-- like me --prefer to play soft core rather than hard core. Just something to think about.

Hardcore and softcore let's break out the lube to! I likebit rou..... Oh wait we are talking about games.

The only two servers I see that are populated is our two hardcore. If you want players in the regular go camp there AMD start recruiting.those players. Best way to get players there. As for renaming what would he a decent name? All names are really taken by other servers of.ours.

I think he was just talking about throwing the F|A tag in front of the existing name. Since I'm usually on in the wee hours of the morning when my brain isn't into complex math or accurately typing IP addresses, +1 from me as well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...