What do you think of the decision of Lance Armstrong?

AnG3L

• Leader

... but you cant ruine someones career without solid proof.

Just like you cant put someone behind bars, just cause you think he did something, or there's a big chance atleast.

A sports expert said on TV yesterday that the system used does not have the same burden of proof as US criminal nor civil courts. I wonder what the Scientific Evidence mentioned in the press release was. I suspect that it is similar to Panini*Hobbit@mp3's posted list.

I just realised Panini's list is maybe incomplete --> you can add 2009 also -->

1)Alberto Contador (suspended for 2 years after a positive test)

2)Andy Schleck (Brother of Frank Schleck who got kicked out of the tour this year)

3)Lance Armstrong

I just realised Panini's list is maybe incomplete --> you can add 2009 also -->

1)Alberto Contador (suspended for 2 years after a positive test)

2)Andy Schleck (Brother of Frank Schleck who got kicked out of the tour this year)

3)Lance Armstrong

Hmm true, but Contador was banned in the 2010 Tour for a very small amount of clenbuterol which meant his 2010 Tour and everything he won after that up until August this year was null and voided. The Frank Schleck case was a bit interesting to be honest, with him claiming he was poisoned/food contamination like Contador..

While Armstrong did return in 2009 he raced the Giro beforehand and came 12th in that (this has been changed I think as some of the guys in the top 10 were caught for doping also) and after this he went to the Tour, coming 3rd in the end which was interesting enough... I remember in August that year he was in the Tour of Ireland and in the final stage just before the St. Patrick's Hill in Cork he pulled out which sucked to see.. Would have been interesting to see how he would have been on the climb (I was halfway up the hill watching). To put it into perspective how steep it is, look at this

King_of_Pana.jpgbut yeah this is probably irrelevant in the end.. Knowing him he has climbed steeper climbs compared to this but would have been good to see him like :(

Personally I think it's a bunch of horseshit.

They've been testing the hell out of him for 13 or so years and have found no substantial evidence. If my understanding of the story is correct, it's based on the words of a bunch of other cyclists that have been caught. If the agency actually does have blood test results from 2009 and 2010 that were consistant with doping..then release them to the public.

Perhaps he was doping and was just smarter than the rest not to get caught for 13 years, and likely if he was that was also the cause of his cancer. To seriously take away his titles because he doped up better than everyone in 2nd 3rd and 4th place is BS.

On the bright side, I'm hoping it killed the sport of cycling so much that they won't get a TV contract next year from any major US networks so I can watching something good...like re-runs of the Andy Griffith Show.