Hardcore Server

matthewX

Seen Alot of threads concerning the servers, I'd personally like to see spawn shields returned to normal and spawn times changed to allies-20 axis- 20 or default 20/30, just something thats even and not insane which imo would make gameplay better, as in players would be more concerned with staying alive, more teamwork, less spam, and of course learning to sprint out of spawn or wait depending on whats going on. Also I think Field Ops class should be turned up a bit once teams reach 6v6 or above. As Field Ops are now basically, any more than one is worthless per team due to the restriction of arty and cans. Never play panzer but from what I've seen the recharge rate is extremely high, it should be back to normal at the very least. R'nades should be limited via team size, my suggestion 1 per 6v6 and 2 max concerning anything over 6v6. Anything over that to me is just ....... Out of all of this the biggest complaint to me is the spawn times/ shields, at the least I'd like to see those changed. This is only for the hardcore server, I'd see no reason to change both pub and core, although it wouldn't matter to me if these suggestions were used on pub or core while leaving one of them the same. So there it is, those are the biggest things I dislike and see annoying concerning the pub and core servers.

I think its a good idea. But atleast leave rifle open (without nades for it) for engy even if their is an rnade already (I believe its possible on ETPUB, I know for sure you can do it on PRO). I still want to use my beloved rifle :D

• Administrators

1. Spawn shield is just 1 sec more. i.e. 4 sec rather then 3.

2. Spawn timer - No.

3. Rifle grenade - No.

4. I will look at recharge rate.

5. Everyone complained for Art spammers so its 1 per every 40 sec.

It's public server to be honest where everyone is learning and enjoying and spamming some vsays. So, now if someone has jacked up one rifle grenade and if I want to use it I can't? Next what limit field cops?

If people really want to play competitively why not use Etpro rather then turning fun server into total competition type settings?

Etpro has stop watch, default spawn time, limited rifle grenades, etc. Why people don't play Etpro and try to change the fun server? I am willing to change it but my question would be what is point of having same settings on Etpro and Hardcore? Why not just Etpro? :confused

1. Spawn shield is just 1 sec more. i.e. 4 sec rather then 3.

2. Spawn timer - No.

3. Rifle grenade - No.

4. I will look at recharge rate.

5. Everyone complained for Art spammers so its 1 per every 40 sec.

It's public server to be honest where everyone is learning and enjoying and spamming some vsays. So, now if someone has jacked up one rifle grenade and if I want to use it I can't? Next what limit field cops?

If people really want to play competitively why not use Etpro rather then turning fun server into total competition type settings?

Etpro has stop watch, default spawn time, limited rifle grenades, etc. Why people don't play Etpro and try to change the fun server? I am willing to change it but my question would be what is point of having same settings on Etpro and Hardcore? Why not just Etpro? :confused

Hmm, then change it to ETPRO instead of PUB :lol:

Its true its a pub but it gets annoying to see some one get 1 man panzers in like 30 secs of each other because they have to wait only 15 secs for the bar to recharge. That reminds me, can the panzerwar settings be adjusted to include pistols aswell, not only nades and knives? Its annoying for me and probably some of the newer players that dont have lvl 4 heavy weaps since recahrge is super slow at that point. It is partially my fault since I keep reseting my xp lol.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Hobbit does have a good point to be honest. We have:

1 No Quarter server

2 Jaymod servers

2 ETPub servers

1 ETPro server

The way I see it these servers can steadily progress from fun servers to serious servers depending on the level and type of game play you most enjoy with the Hardcore server being 1 step below the ETPro scrim server. Also, with the name Hardcore I believe the settings should be closer to a serious server and yet fun at the same time. There are alot of ETPro players that do like to come to this server and play/pub. The ETPro server is set up for practices and scrims, so the Hardcore server (in my opinion) should be set up as a pub server for the pro players and scrim team members and those who enjoy playing ET on more serious settings. =F|A= has plenty of servers to choose from and if some players don't agree with the settings there is always another =F|A= server to play on.

The Hardcore server should have settings that fit the name (HARDCORE). Rather than trying to keep the settings similar to the other servers to a certain extent I think this server should lean more towards Pro settings, after all the name is Hardcore so it should try and live up to it's name. This will also help draw in the better players with more skills and experience while at the same time help those players who are wanting to improve gain more valuable skills. Also, Friendly Fire should be permanently set on this server and the option to vote it on or off should be removed.

Here are some settings that I personally think should be set on the Hardcore server:

• match_warmupDamage 2
  • g_chargeType 2
  • g_medicChargeTime 45000
  • g_LTChargeTime 40000
  • g_engineerChargeTime 30000
  • g_soldierChargeTime 20000
  • g_covertopschargetime 30000

• g_poison 0
  • g_throwableKnives 0
  • g_maxPanzerSuicides -1
  • g_panzersSpeed 2500
  • g_weapons 3982
  • g_misc 288
  • g_mg42 2
  • g_coverts 1024
  • g_knockback 70
  • g_hitboxes 30
  • g_realHead 1
  • g_minAirstrikeTime 10
  • g_minArtyTime 10
  • g_maxTeamLandmines 10

• g_dmg 0
  • g_instagibDamage 400
  • g_dmgHeadShotMin 50
  • g_dmgHeadShotRatio 2.0
  • g_dmgKnife 10
  • g_dmgSten 14
  • g_dmgFG42 15
  • g_dmgPistol 18
  • g_dmgSMG 18
  • g_dmgMG42 18
  • g_dmgMG 20
  • g_dmgFG42Scope 30
  • g_dmgInfRifle 34
  • g_dmgSniper 50
  • g_dmgFlamer 5
  • g_dmgGrenade 250
  • g_dmgGrenadeRadius 250
  • g_dmgGLauncher 250
  • g_dmgGLauncherRadius 250
  • g_dmgLandmine 250
  • g_dmgLandmineRadius 250
  • g_dmgSatchel 250
  • g_dmgSatchelRadius 250
  • g_dmgPanzer 400
  • g_dmgPanzerRadius 300
  • g_dmgMortar 400
  • g_dmgMortarRadius 400
  • g_dmgDynamite 400
  • g_dmgDynamiteRadius 400
  • g_dmgAir 400
  • g_dmgAirRadius 400
  • g_dmgArty 400
  • g_dmgArtyRadius 400

• skill_soldier "20 50 90 140"
  • skill_medic "20 50 90 140"
  • skill_engineer "20 50 90 140"
  • skill_fieldops "20 50 90 140"
  • skill_covertops "20 50 90 140"
  • skill_battlesense "20 50 90 140"
  • skill_lightweapons "20 50 90 140"

• vote_allow_friendlyfire 0

Also we are getting alot of new maps on the Hardcore server and some of them seem to be driving alot of players away now. The map list from the ETPub Recruiting XPS is an excellent set of maps and I wish we could simply swap those maps with the ones on Hardcore. Some of the maps that (to me) are really annoying:

• MLB Temple should be replaced with Temple Final
  • sw_oasis_b3 should never have been made and all copies of it should be destroyed. I personally hate this map and the original Oasis should be put back into the rotation!
  • axislab_final_fixed please remove this!
  • caen2 should be replaced with caen. It is too easy for axis to win this map and you simply cannot place landmines hardly anywhere on the map especially in the path of the tank and there is no tank barrier either.
  • dubrovnik_final_1104 needs to be destroyed!
  • et_ufo_final has no help on the command map as for where the objective is or where to take it, put this on jaymod or NQ
  • falcon2 should be on jaymod or NQ
  • password2_v12 please remove this!

Here are some maps that (in my opinion) would be choice maps for the Hardcore server:

• bremen_b2
  • el_kef_final
  • tc_base
  • et_village
  • navarone
  • temple_final
  • escape_final
  • rhine

I know that not everyone will agree with me on maps or settings, but everyone has their opinion and this is mine. The settings however, should be looked at closely with the thought that this server (Hardcore) should reflect it's name and should also be (in my mind) one step below ETPro with the pro server setup for scrims and practices.

~Thor!

I think Hobbit does have a good point to be honest.

~Thor!

damn Thor looks like those settings will not give me any chance to kill Hobbit and that's not cool :embrass

Seriously I agree and since we already have 2 ETPUB it will be more interesting to have the exact opposite setting of what we already have in first etpub this imo will give players choice - > best game-play experience

playing different mod with different setting better then stuck in one server and one mod and one setting all time, see new stuff play against all kind of players, so some of gaymod, noquarter, etpub and some etpro ... also our new nitmod(light & smoother version of noquarter) is really really interesting

damn Thor looks like those settings will not give me any chance to kill Hobbit and that's not cool :embrass

The way im playing right now, you could eaily kill me. I have 1-2 weeks to get back in shape for the ETCUP tourney though, and I think changing Hardcore to more ETPro settings would kind of help, but of course, nothing ever replaces actual .6b ETPro.

UFO isn't fun to play. The axis are overpowered in that map. They can camp everywhere and win.

40 seconds arty is long, but maybe it worth it since there was a lot of spawn kill.

4 seconds with the flag is all good.

Spawn time is a little bit lame. For players that don't know how to use /timerset, they can't count the spawn time since multiple of 18 and 14 are really hard to count. Maybe something like 20/15 would be easier to count. A lot of players like to sneak out when they know that the opposite team will spawn and then pass the spawn without being hurt. But now that I use the /timerset commands, I'm all good except that 18/14 seconds is fast. I would enjoy to have the opposite team all dead for let's say 8 seconds and have time to move/take the objective.

The panzer charge time is good. I think it's default. The problem is that those panzers has level 4 so the charge bar go up really fast and I think it's all good. There is one panzer per team so I don't think we should do anything agains that.

We can place A LOT of landmines, for baserace it's really lame, they put 4 landmines around every objective then put them around the exit. Then having this amount of landmines in all the maps make it hard to play sometimes but it's part of the game.

I guess that if we change the settings, less player will come on and they will all go on ETPub and I don't want that.

In conclusion, let's remove some maps (don't go back to over played maps like oasis, the sw version is all good it's different) and let's add funny maps where you can actually make the obj with some teamwork.

if I don't add map people don't like it. If I add map from the ones posted on forums still they don't like it. mellow.gif

I already slapped Chuck for suggesting that map!

Not your fault and continue to add the maps people suggest. When we find a good one, nobody is crying about it so we must take it positivly. People cry about 25% of the maps, so 75% of the maps you add are good! Take it as a compliment!!

I Wouldn't mind using the etpro server, dare for sw mode, But the server is Locked. Maybe we can change the etpro server into all patch server with competitive settings A real hardcore server :D.

I agree With matt with these things. Spawn time is kinda lame, I rarely make it past the enemy's spawn without the whole team spawning :\. Other things don't relly bother me, Just the spawn time :).