Network Card

Hey, its me again.

This laptop that Malibu plays on, has an Artheros 5007, that would be fine BUT it is only b/g and not b/g/n. She has it in a compaq presario cq60. Is there a card out there that can replace the 5007 and support b/g/n?

I found this one, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Compaq-a-b-g-n-WLAN-WiFi-Card-CQ20-CQ35-CQ40-CQ45-CQ50-CQ60-CQ61-CQ70-CQ71-Serie-/150854501708?pt=US_Internal_Network_Cards&hash=item231fa1054c

But I am not sure if that would even work even though the seller said it does. Any help?

Probably because N gives better WLAN speeds.. Last i heard it was in draft mode (sucky) anyway though so i never bothered upgrading..

Yes, better speeds. If I take my laptop, and put it in the same spot as hers is, its gets roughly 5mb/sec faster on speedtest.net. And also because my router is a b/g/n. Her ping is very unstable while playing on the servers, will jump between 180-280 while playing all the time.

That, and N network also has about 80 ft more and can work on the 5GHZ network, which my router also supports, but cannot use because of her laptop. 5GHZ is less used, so is somewhat better speed. At least from my understanding.

yeah my router also supports 5GHz and I have a wireless card in my desktop which handles 5GHz as well. It can be faster, the disadvantage of 5GHz is that your range decreases.

Yes range does decrease. But its within 100ft of everywhere. As well as less people using it. If her laptop had a N card it would give her at least 5mbps faster...

Yep, it will give faster speeds. And what is also nice, is since most ppl dont have a computer that handles 5GHz, you'll be the only one it. Every1 else will b on the 2.4GHz :P