To the top of the ladder

Raider-

Back in 03-04 on the CW pub, me, friends and clan mates decided to try and rack up the top spots on splatter ladder for fun. We sat on 30 minute maps near ammo racks and set up a system to kill 5 enemies over and over as fast as I could and wound ourselves to gain as much xp in the fastest possible way. We used an enemy medic to revive them and one to heal me because each of the 5 fops I was killing would shoot me once every 10 secs or so for the battle sense, and would feed all of us ammo. Btw 30 secs after being shot u gain 3 battle sense xp for body hits on you, and 7 for any headshot per different enemy that shoots you. It caps at 7 per enemy so if each enemy just shoots one hs then u get 7 after 30 secs if your still alive. we timed it so they would shoot 1 hs, drop 2-3 packs then shoot another, that way 5 people wouldn't all shoot me at once. Point being I was getting about 5k xp in 30 mins of solid killing and battle sense. We filled the top ranks quickly and within the week were dropped off the ladder for abusing it.

Was fun to show how the system could be abused but this time I have chosen to climb that stupid ladder fairly. My goal is to get rank 1 with under 2 days of ranked playing time while only playing on F|A Hardcore server. Currently I'm at rank 22 with about 1 days ranked playing time, note this isn't total login time under that name as a lot of matches are DQ'd for too short of session (joining late), or bots playing. I think the rating system is stupid and I just want to prove that you don't have to play on one of those insta spawn 50 man pub NQ servers just to get on page 1 like 90% of those baddies do who actually care about their rating every day they play. I intend to just get to rank 1 and then pub freely at will without worrying to max my xp. And would you believe after looking into alot of the top scorers past that when they have bad games when their not scoring high they intentionally DC map after map to stop the match from counting against them to keep their score up. I would say they may have net issues but it's only on their bad games that happens. I also know there will be flame on this with people saying how stupid Splatter ladder is, and I completely agree with that and I have never cared about this ladder other than once to prove how dumb it was and this time to give myself a new challenge to go for. Once I reach rank 1, I will simply go back to pugging normally, I just want to prove that it can be done on a server with skilled players rather than NQ Jaymod spamfest sessions.

Any ways I would also like to encourage anyone else to try and climb the ladder with me so we can get some more F|A pubbers/members up there to show what goes down in the F|A region. Remember Kill/Survive/Revive/Use charge if you want to get max xp because that is what the scoring is based off of.

Kills = 3xp

Revives = 4xp

Battle sense= 3-7xp based on what hit you

Charge = 1 xp per pack distributed, note med packs to other meds don't give u xp and bleeding them be4 you revive them or any tk on them won't distribute xp but you should still keep them up to win as that may affect SL score, I'm not sure.

Frag and climb~

edit: Forgot the link http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=ranking

Edited by Raider-

You might think that SL is stupid but dont forget to look at the bigger picture. Some people still play ET for their rate and more people play ET the longer ET lives.

As for getting to the #1 with fair play, good luck.

First of all, the way you became nr1 is indeed what they call 'whoring'. That kick out of the list is deserved.

About your plans now, go ahead, try to get nr1 by fragging. I was wondering about what ladder you are speaking to get nr1 now. SL is dead, hope you see that (only 14 of top 50 are registered on the site). The rating website is now: trackbase.net. There are two rating systems now. One is based on xp (like SL used to be). The other is based on kills, accuracy and some other stuff (go check out site if you want to know more).

I just want to prove that it can be done on a server with skilled players rather than NQ Jaymod spamfest sessions.

You say rating on Jaymod has no skill? Most players of the top on TB plays on FA2. Don't underestimate the skills of those players...

And finally I don't think (just a feeling) you can reach nr1 rank by playing on a hardcore server.

Rating on hardcore is like impossible . I used to be rated at 23+ ( Im not a rater tough) but I'm at 15 now :P Average effiency is way too high.

Ya hardcore is probably the hardest server to get a high rating cause of the skill of average players and less opportunity for frags vs jay/nq, thats why I'm doing it, to prove f|a hardcore server is probably the best pub around. Right now I average about 22-24 rating a map w.e that means, ratings gone up every round though unless I'm lagging bad which has happened a couple of times these last 2 weeks. But if you say its acc and kills, I would prefer that honestly, I usually shoot 44-50 acc almost every round for hours on end @ about 3-4 kills a minute or higher. with an average of 1-2 headshots per kill. It would benefit me more if they go by those stats.

I didn't even know about TB till i just googled it but it has me at rank 12 on skill lol. I wasn't even trying to get fast high k'ds but now that I know it rates on that I will for sure try and speed up my play. That will give me another thing to go for. And I don't think that I under estimate their skill, I've played on those servers before and tbh even the best players there can't compete, just get called a hacker every time so I leave and it isn't as fun killing the left over easy kills, almost like killing bots that run in straight lines. Not trying to down them, but they just don't have my comp experience and it isn't around like it used to be so it is really hard for them to watch and learn how to take their game to the next level. I learned most of what I know about this game by playing with and against the best at the peak of competition and it sure shows in pubs as well as the other old schoolers I still see around. I'd like to think that people have learned a lot from watching me play but most pubbers wouldn't take the time to spec to learn other than to see if someone is cheating which is completely understandable. Overall the average skill level has shot way down over this games life but theres still alot of talent out there getting better which is what helps keep this game alive. Although I would say that the Tjer's skill level has gone way up since the beginning due to the new mods and tj maps, that I do love.

Rating on hardcore is like impossible . I used to be rated at 23+ ( Im not a rater tough) but I'm at 15 now :P Average effiency is way too high.

i get easy 20+ ;P

I think most(?) rating players know that the rating doesn't mean skill at ET but its still nice to try to keep rating up :P

Anyway, gl but prepare for frustration trying to play perfect games at certain maps :)

just to tweak his nose a bit:post-8437-0-51108400-1341689922_thumb.jpg

He usually mops the floor with me but I got lucky twice in a row :D

Hello! Seen you playing a few times, you got really nice KD at least! Good luck with rating, or actually shouldn't talk about luck lol.

Agree with BossHK, rating doesn't tell much about skill. And yes, it's also pretty much about the server where you play. I tried F|A HARDCORE and to be honest, that Silent mod isn't my thing, I sucked at it. But still it's nice and good mod.

Might be a little off topic here but I must say that there's really much stacking going on (Joining the stronger team with other raters during the round). That's why there are also really much players with like 25 rating who really don't deserve that amount. I play mostly at Jay3 and I want admins to pay a little attention for a few raters there, who do that regurarly. They are the reason why I'm also getting sick of this system. I know this sounds funny because I got banned from all FA server for 90 days like 1-2 years ago, ban reason was stacking ( And b***ing ^^). So I think I learned my lesson about stacking, like Reptile told me a few days ago :).

Hello! Seen you playing a few times, you got really nice KD at least! Good luck with rating, or actually shouldn't talk about luck lol.

Agree with BossHK, rating doesn't tell much about skill. And yes, it's also pretty much about the server where you play. I tried F|A HARDCORE and to be honest, that Silent mod isn't my thing, I sucked at it. But still it's nice and good mod.

Might be a little off topic here but I must say that there's really much stacking going on (Joining the stronger team with other raters during the round). That's why there are also really much players with like 25 rating who really don't deserve that amount. I play mostly at Jay3 and I want admins to pay a little attention for a few raters there, who do that regurarly. They are the reason why I'm also getting sick of this system. I know this sounds funny because I got banned from all FA server for 90 days like 1-2 years ago, ban reason was stacking ( And b***ing ^^). So I think I learned my lesson about stacking, like Reptile told me a few days ago :).

That is one major factor in how raters get high rates is by stacking. It just makes sense for them to join the team that they can rape the other team easiest. Most of time if raters can't get in on the strong team they will just disconnect. Raider is guilty sometimes, but mostly he is just so good it doesn't matter what team he joins and the nuthuggers join his team instead of going against him.

9 time out of 10 probably you can join Silent XPS or Hardcore, and the teams usually are stacked. Frustrating but nothing can be done most of the time unless a lvl 12 or higher joins. So we have to just sit and be raped until autoshuffle.

^^level 12 can't shuffle. Think you have to be level 15...all we can do is call vote or manually !putteam.