What is you favorite WWII Story?

beedub

What is your favorite WWII Story? I say story because I don't think my favorite counts as a movie, because it was a mini-series. Mine would be Band of Brothers. It is such a great story, so well made, and the fact that they mixed in interviews from the real-life people just topped it off. There are plenty of other great WWII movies, or stories, but this one is the best.

My favorite one is a true story, from "real-life people". Hope it counts. My grandfather was a volunteer to go to war as a nurse, since my country was not really in the midle of the fight. Doctors and nurses are suposed to take care of everybody, doesnt matter who so, One day, a germany was found really hurt and was taken to the hospital where my grandfather was helping at. They did what was needed to try to save his life but the news were spread and the americans heard that there was a german in the brazilian hospital tent. One of them went there and started torturing the germany soldier, hurting his wounds. When my grandfather saw that, he jumped over the american and a fight started. He was really proud of all the punches he gave on that man and, most of all, that he made the torture stop. Too bad he died a long long time ago and i cant ask for more real stories of what he saw and what he did.

Personally, I dont like to watch war movies (and I dont watch none), doesnt matter if its the wwII, vietnam or whatever, cause i dont like to see people suffering.

I really cant watch war movies...

Edited by Tat

Band of Brothers is a piece of art!! I can not count how many times I've been watching it.

The Pacific is a good one too by one of the man who created BOB

I'm so found of war movies, but I absolutely love them when a love story is inside... :D Pearl harbor, Passchendaele, Dresden 1944, The boy in the stripped Pyjama, La Vita e Bella and so on

There is also so many books about it that i've read and that totally changed my life like Tanguy - Michel Del Castillo, Le silence de la mer - Vercors, Se questo è un uomo - Primo Levi and so on!

Something really moves me in those stories and I think it's the fact that they are real testimonial novels or movies. Something you let for the coming generation so they do not do the same mistakes... because one knows human memory is too short...

Edited by Seaside

I haven't seen Band Of Brothers yet, but from what I've heard, it's amazing and one of the best series out there. I must get around to watching it soon enough actually !

I'm pretty fascinated about the Bismarck and how it was such an amazing ship, yet it was so very easy to destroy (I say easy but frankly they were outnumbered :P). I did a project for one of my final exams a few years ago on it and learned a good bit about it. Thanks to some books and also a magazine series (Build the Bismarck), I was able to learn about all the different parts of the ship and how it was supposedly "unsinkable" as said by many people yet that didn't happen!

My favorite WWII movie are The Pianist (2002) my all time favorite movie in any category. And my favorites also Uprising (2001) Stalingrad (1993) Täällä pohjan tähden alla I and II (2009) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1145479/) Der Undergang (2004) Defiance (2008) Talvisota (1989) Leningrad (2009) Schindler's List (1993) Black Book (2006) Napoleon (2002)

I like German movies because i like German language but i m not speak German.

Band of Brothers is a piece of art!! I can not count how many times I've been watching it.

The Pacific is a good one too by one of the man who created BOB

I'm so found of war movies, but I absolutely love them when a love story is inside... :D Pearl harbor, Passchendaele, Dresden 1944, The boy in the stripped Pyjama, La Vita e Bella and so on

There is also so many books about it that i've read and that totally changed my life like Tanguy - Michel Del Castillo, Le silence de la mer - Vercors, Se questo è un uomo - Primo Levi and so on!

Something really moves me in those stories and I think it's the fact that they are real testimonial novels or movies. Something you let for the coming generation so they do not do the same mistakes... because one knows human memory is too short...

I have never seen many of these movies, but I have seen the Boy in the Striped Pajamas. I agree, it was a motivational movie and I really enjoyed it albeit I cried. Another good war movie, about the Civil War, is Arlington. Such a great story, fantastic actors and very moving. There is another movie, a Spanish movie, that depicts the life of a boy after WWII, but I cannot remember the title. It was a great movie, but you have to know Spanish to watch it. If I remember the title I will edit my post.