Members Systems

Dak

Newegg had a black Friday sale a while back. I'll be good until SSD are the cheap standard lol.

nice. I have a 120GB SSD, I love it. But they are expensive tho

But why put them in pc :o

I got 1tb on pc, rest of my 12tb storage is at my 2 nas (1 nas (4tb) is my personal, connected to gigabit 'network') the other is the backup and familly nas (8tb)

Same thing I'm doing basically. Stream movies, music and pics to all devices in my house. Able to reachback when needed to get what I need while on the road.

Who are you people and what do you need 5 and 8 terabytes of storage for?? At home???? I don't even have that much on the system at work and we that has 5 years of patient's medical images on it, I think we just hit 3TB. Our other data takes up about 500 MB and the old patient image system is about 2 TBs of data. Holy cow are you seeding every movie ever made through torrents or something? Geez. Just kidding guys, but man that is a ton of storage.

Who are you people and what do you need 5 and 8 terabytes of storage for?? At home???? I don't even have that much on the system at work and we that has 5 years of patient's medical images on it, I think we just hit 3TB. Our other data takes up about 500 MB and the old patient image system is about 2 TBs of data. Holy cow are you seeding every movie ever made through torrents or something? Geez. Just kidding guys, but man that is a ton of storage.

Can't speak for anyone else except for myself. I like to organize things, so I have one for Movies(well 2 really...I have almost every Disney, Pixar, major kid movie that has come out), 1 for family stuff (I have my kids well documented from where my wife was about 6 months pregnant until today. I have a 9 year old and another kid on the way (my oldest use to dance...hip-hop and ballet and gymnastics. Now he swims, plays baseball, soccer, basketball, and kickboxing. Sorry, I'm very proud of him) I record it all, when I was growing up, my mom couldn't afford to buy school pictures, afford a camera, or pay a professional. I want my kids to have all holidays, major milestones, etc..., 1 for music (and I'm a musician myself so I have demos and shows recorded. I record practice sessions as well for the group to review. And the last one are for documents, old work files, etc.... I'm surprised that my storage is getting so much attention lol...

Well we are with 7 @ home

I personnaly got already 2-3TB

my dad also something like that

Then are movie collection to be streamed to our mediaplayer

Yeah, we fill our 12TB :P

well for one...

just acquired a 1 TB collection of the top 100 (actually only 94) IMDB movies of all time, all in 1080.

Along with the rest of my movies (~300 or so) and my tv collections (complete collections of Mash, Simpsons, ER, X-files etc), yes I am actually almost full, and I have close to 6 TB of hard drive storage.

Remember 1080p movies run about 10-12 GB, closer to 40 if their an actual copy of the blu-ray.

Here's my computer.

I am on a 2011(late module) 11-inch MacBook Air, cost me $1180CDN(plus or minus $20), including warranty.

Operating System: MacOSX, V10.7.3

Processors: (Times 4)1.7GHz (i5-2557M) dual-core Intel Core i5 3MB with L3 cache

Memory: 4GB

Hard Drive: 112.2GB (I have a virtual network for all my pictures, music, videos and other files)

Video Card: Gen6Accelerator

Sound Card: System Default

Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 3000, 384MB

Mouse: Dynex 5-Button Wired Optical Mouse

Key Board: Standard with back lighting

Warranty: 4 Years (3 Years 6 Months left)

I play COD4 on max settings for every thing and it runs beautifully and looks wonderful. Aside from the fact my internet sucks no complaints. I play many other games from the App Store, and online.

I use my computer a lot for school and for work, works well on both Apple and Windows networks.

My virtual network is run out of my "Black Box", Its an old IBM shell with a full mix-mash of stuff inside. It runs using the internet and I can access it from anywhere on the planet. This is really helpful when I am traveling and want to send pictures or documents home, and for watching movies and all my music. I also use it to store all my files in case one of my computer dies.

It has 16GB of flash, but I can only use 15GB, because the houses intent is routed threw it so that takes away 1GB

2-500GB solid drives, 1TB solid drive.

3-Empty slots for more drives if need.

I don't really know that much about my "Black Box" I just ad parts as they come along. It acts basically as a storage unit, can't do anything on its own anymore.

In the event of a fire and everything is destroyed, everything is also backed up at work at 3 different server hubs, but my work network is extremely slow so if I would ever have to re-download everything, it would take awhile. (There's a reason nothing ever gets done at work.)

Main View

gallery_8070_441_633790.jpg

Side View

gallery_8070_441_685833.jpg

Front View

gallery_8070_441_504451.jpg

Sorry for the blur, came up on my screen as fine, but upload screwed it up a bit.