Need help in testing your own map?

daredevil

• Administrators

We are looking for map makers and scripters. If you think you can modify any map and make it more better, we are interesting in hearing from you. We will provide testing server and redirect to test your maps. You will need to post some info and screenshots.

If I find time in-between learning Java and C++ and school, Ill look into mapping and scripting again. I have looked into it before but didn't have any ideas for new maps. I also am trying to figure out Camtrace 3D.

If I find time in-between learning Java and C++ and school, Ill look into mapping and scripting again. I have looked into it before but didn't have any ideas for new maps. I also am trying to figure out Camtrace 3D.

i know easy and free software called gtkradiant, i think new version is 1.5 u can search on youtube video lessons or google video...

I used last year, I made one "room doors command post" but then had to format the pc and never installed it again, detail: my English was much worse and I could only find video lessons in English :o

If you are interested in creating a map I can help create the pk3 and test on server :geek:

i know easy and free software called gtkradiant, i think new version is 1.5 u can search on youtube video lessons or google video...

I used last year, I made one quarter but then had to format the pc and never installed it again, detail: my English was much worse and I could only find video lessons in English :o

If you are interested in creating a map I can help create the pk3 and test on server :geek:

im interested in modding but no clue about it, but im willing to learn every single detail of it! :D

I used last year, I made one "room doors command post" but then had to format the pc and never installed it again, detail: my English was much worse and I could only find video lessons in English :o

Yea ive got both Gtkradiant 1.3 and 1.5. I don't know why I keep the old version though lol. I've made one-room buildings with working ligths and spawns so now just need to broaden my horizons :D

• 1 month later...

1.5 GTK RADIENT IS CRAP use 1.4 has many more fuetures if you need mapping let me know i know how to decompile maps and do remakes ..

i know how to decompile a map and how to make a map. There're just one thing i don't know : truck/tank.

But it will be difficult for me for explain because my english is too bad but i can try :)

(i use gtk 1.3 with additionals things from rtcw)

• 1 month later...

I can make maps for et no problem, including animaing md3 models.. wich is probably way way way beyond most, i posted a tread Budapest of a map ive done that needs a server, check out the beta1 and i can upload the beta2 to fileplanet if anyone wants that .

also i can do the tanks etc. as my map has a pt boat with a mounted mg on it. i use gtk 1.5 and gmax.

the main obj are to destroy a large bridge and i mean large. lol

it can be set to 2-3 dyno plants in the map script as well as some other options like arty roof over the axis spawns and some tripmines

there are also a pair of elevators, bridge defence and alot of engi covert ops goals. I also have team doors that swap teams when the flag at the palace is captured.

Edited by GlasShadow

• 10 months later...

I had some nice ideas for maps, so I decided to download GtkRadiant.

I'll start learning and trying it, hope I'll succeed.

If I succeed, I'll make real happened battles, which are objective minded.

For example, Normandy Beach and Market Garden.

I believe both have already been made :P

Dunno, I know there are a lot of maps about Normandy already, but I have never seen something like a Market Garden Campaign.

But I'm not sure if I'll make it, it looks very complicated to make those maps...