New fueldump - suggestion

daredevil

Seems like a nice map, the regular fueldump was too white anyway.

Goodbye 16 FPS! \o/

I'd like a massive lazer in this map that only I can use. :thanks

Include me in this one, give it a mean Shoop Da Whoop face.

shoop%20da%20whoop.gif

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a nice map, the regular fueldump was too white anyway.

Goodbye 16 FPS! \o/

Include me in this one, give it a mean Shoop Da Whoop face.

shoop%20da%20whoop.gif

lovely, i would just love to put somebody's face in front of that boy and see what happens!

• Administrators

If you're thinking about putting it on the smaller servers, more cover everywhere and making the tank stop at the main dump gate and making the back dynoable would at least make it tolerable.

How about increasing tank speed?

i think tank speed is quite oke, or u would see only more rushing by incresing the speed of tank.

Edited by toxicc

• Administrators

Axis need more ammo! Half the axis team is running around out of ammo every time I play fueldump. No one wants to go fops so there is usually an ammo shortage. Always plenty of health lol, but no ammo.

I will add ammo racks in the present fueldump near the staircase till Paul releases new fueldump.

Axis need more ammo! Half the axis team is running around out of ammo every time I play fueldump. No one wants to go fops so there is usually an ammo shortage. Always plenty of health lol, but no ammo.

Pick up enemy weapons and you shoudlnt run out

That would work better if it's possible. It would make it less vulnerable to incessant arty, and would decrease the amount of tedious engineering work required (if you're a solo engineer on Allies on dump against a decent fops, you should get to lvl4 engi before getting through the tunnels without a problem), making it almost possible to actually finish the objective before time expires, even if there are only a couple of people concentrating on the objective. I also suggest a 20 minute time limit, for reasons I will explain below.

i think tank speed is quite oke, or u would see only more rushing by incresing the speed of tank.

I have been playing this game at almost all skill levels and across all mods (from noob Jaymod and NQ to league matches against true pros in ETPro) for almost 4 years now. One thing I have learned is that this is one of the most dynamic games in terms of how it can be played, and there are servers of all shapes and sizes to reflect this. That being said, certain servers attract certain people. I, for one, only frequent objective based ETPub servers (unless I'm scrimming) with 32 or fewer slots (I usually disconnect or spec after more than 24 join) that have decent anti-cheat policies and admins, mostly comp maps, sub-100 ping, and skilled players. There are only two of these servers that are public that I know of, F|A being one of them and *Evil* being the other. There is a fair demand for these kinds of servers, and the people who frequent them generally don't want to play through a 30 minute map that has very little cover for the attackers. That map is plain not fun for people who like to play the objective. 20 minutes is a decent time, especially if you have a "no rush" rule... 10 minutes is plenty of time for the more casual players to get their sniping in. The only time I see dump voted for are early morning in the US, when it's mostly populated by young Euros, who like sniping, which makes it even less enjoyable for somebody who likes the fast-paced action of smaller and shorter maps. You have to keep in mind that Splash Damage designed the stock maps for 32 player campaign without XP Save (XP only saved for the campaign cycle), and they assumed that everybody would be working toward the objective (doing that was the only way to get enough XP to level up with default point values). Those maps work fine for that, but for objective mode where only half of the people even realize the objective exists outside of camping it, it gets laborious and dull.

Furthermore, to counteract even a mediocre defense on most of the stock maps, you need a spammer (spam is arty/cans, panzer, and rnade) or two on offense that knows when and how to camp spawns and choke points. In league play, your fops or panzer will make or break an offense on even modified versions of stock maps, unless you have very skilled and lucky meds. In a public setting with weapon restrictions and vastly varied skill levels, 90% of the time the panzer will end up with a noob or somebody with a Pentium II and dialup, and one of the same will end up taking most of the airstrikes. Therefore, admins have to do something with either map scripts or settings to balance it out.

Therefore, I would suggest two versions. One for the larger servers that retains most of the gameplay of the original, and a quicker version with more ground cover (think rocks, trucks, crates, maybe a couple of strategically placed mounted MG's for Allies, I have a rough map in my head of what it should look like, I can draw it up if you're interested) for the smaller servers where the general population prefers a faster pace. We also used to run a script at *Evil* that made it impossible to fully build the dump gate closest to the Axis spawn so noobs wouldn't block it off and allow a sneaky plant to easily win the map.

Sorry for the long post, as a caster, league admin, and competitive player, it's my job to analyze the mechanics of this game to death.

I don't want to make 2 versions - just 1. So I'll need to find a balance between what you said.

You can draw something if you want, I'll certainly look at it.

any ideas about settings some new stuffs at second part of map?