Mac OS X Enemy Territory Help

vke

hello.

im stuck!

i'm trying to move my config from jaymod to etpro,

unfortunately it's not a config i've made from scratch, more one i have edited as i've gone along..

i've tried /writeconfig odos.cfg, and it says its writing it, but i cant find it ANWYHERE. not even a search through the mac does it..

does anyone have any ideas how i can go about doing this?!

Thank you very much!

hello.

im stuck!

i'm trying to move my config from jaymod to etpro,

unfortunately it's not a config i've made from scratch, more one i have edited as i've gone along..

i've tried /writeconfig odos.cfg, and it says its writing it, but i cant find it ANWYHERE. not even a search through the mac does it..

does anyone have any ideas how i can go about doing this?!

Thank you very much!

Try /Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Application Support/Wolfenstein ET/ instead of /Applications/Wolfenstein ET/.

• 3 months later...

Can't save your config as .cfg with text edit?

Download TextWrangler, a freeware text/html editor.

PB GUID AUTH UNKN

This is a tough cookie. So far, the only surefire thing that works for me is to start ET, load the mod i want to play(jaymod/NQ/ETpro) and type the following:

/pb_cdkeyreg
/pb_Cdkeyver
/pb_cdkeyverauto 1
/pb_writecfg

what does he mean by cant save your config as cfg? is that a step im missing?

and when he says load the mod. i open the game click mods and there are none listed. do i need to download jaymod from somewhere?

• 3 weeks later...

@ duk You are probably missing the pb files, I'll have to dig around and try to find my pb folder and I'll xfire it to you. What patch are you running? When you start the game does it get to the main menu?

Ok that worked, but now I have a new problem. When I try to join the server, it asks me to enable punkbuster, i hit enable, it asks me to confirm, and I confirm it. Than, I try to reconnect again, but it asks me to enable punkbuster again. Any idea on what to do?

• 6 months later...

where can i download the guid? I can't find it on this website

Tutorial to find your guid:

1. Cod4: Link

2. W:ET: Link Also shows how to submit it on the forum

3. TF2: Link

First, please post questions in the right area. This is not the correct area. Considering it is under "Mac" and the title of this post is "Mac OS X Enemy Territory Help".

Secondly, this topic is relatively old and we don't like to revive old topics.

Thank you for reading, if you have more questions you can add me on xfire. Good luck!

Edited by ajnl

• 4 months later...

Ok so I miss playing and I wanted to try again getting on my mac. I downloaded it again and it still says invalid guid. Should I just generate a new etkey?

If you have an etkey in the etmain folder of the following path you don't have to get a new etkey:

Try /Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Application Support/Wolfenstein ET/

Go on ET main page, press on Play Online and there see if punkbuster is enabled, if not, enable it.

• 1 month later...

Ok so I decided to try ET again on my Mac and you know the saying the third time is a charm? Well it is. I checked out a different download place and I downloaded it and when I went to open ET it said I needed to download rosetta and I guess that is what made it work.

So now can I transfer my ETKey from my windows7 laptop or do I have to have a new one?

Ok so I decided to try ET again on my Mac and you know the saying the third time is a charm? Well it is. I checked out a different download place and I downloaded it and when I went to open ET it said I needed to download rosetta and I guess that is what made it work.

So now can I transfer my ETKey from my windows7 laptop or do I have to have a new one?

You can just copy your old one. You might need to update the pb stuff though.