Vietnam mode

fifth

• Administrators

Wow... so you have a great internet connection :] 80mb - 2hours :] fast and furious :D

Thing is people internet can be fast but redirect is not same for all.

My internet speed. I have double the download speed then what it shows because I am downloading windows 7 from MSDN also at same time.

583744429.png

Redirect speed.

shot0000-6.jpg

It took me around 20-30 mins to download everything with avg download speed of 100 kb/s.

More or less the mod is made targeting specific people i.e. Vietnam. Half or most vsays are in vietnam. :)

If you can make English (90% people know it) mod with around 30 Mb of at max mod size it will be awesome. :)

Daredev!l, you have right but you can download the mod from www.etnam.org and than download time takes around 6 min. Most of files from different servers i'm downloading not via et cause it takes to long :(. For me it isn't much to downlod 80mb, because this is a new mod, not just another server with different voice pack or something.

If we are talking about targeting... hmmm classic et also have non-english vsays (wunderbar, sehr gut!) :). You still have english text :)

• 9 months later...

Actually, the new ETNam mod will be around 20 MBs (less than 20 MBs I think). It will be public released, so every server admin will be able to host it. Linux and Windows supported.

And concerning to vietnamese chat voices, ETNam mod will have both chats in english, except perhaps some extra voices for vietnamese team, or any exclamation as oops!, great shot!.. etc.

greets.

Edited by B0RG

• Administrators

Nice to see you guys are working on it. :) ETnam will be from VS| or ETnam is being developed by completely other team?

Nice to see you guys are working on it. :) ETnam will be from VS| or ETnam is being developed by completely other team?

I have had the same question for weeks...I remember old days in VS| vietnam server - first server i had my 200k xp lol...and ye i tried it, looks the same as in the past

Well, dunno if Fl clan :confused are running any Vietnam mod for Jaymod or NQ but Veteran Soldiers clan have not built them. VS| clan build in 2007 one texture mod for Jaymod and these guys used it to build these versions. So the "mother mod" was not a real stand-alone mod. It was just a texture and voice mod with replaced main smg weapons by AK47 and M16. Something like, cant remember right now.

ETNam is a stand-alone mod including new features and several new weapons (more than 10, if I remember right). Its more or less an upgraded and reduzed version of Vietnam v0.0.4 mod. I think only 10% of first mod built in 2007 stays... no one weapon model, no one skin,... just any texture.

Concerning to ET version, ETNam is being built to run under v2.55 and v2.60 versions. So its a server admin's choice.

Answering to Daredevil, yes. ETNam is being built by the same team that built the Vietnam v0.0.X series.

greets

Edited by B0RG

awesome to know that VS still arround,

VS server and its mod, its real awesome, reminds me of old days , really awesome players in that server, where i learnt almost everything lol.

is VS|Lukjuz still arround? (shodan) , that guy is just ....awesome, anyways , regards to Monkey and all the vs team, glad to hear this :P

<<$tup!fy

Kicks effects are pretty nice.

Don't like weapons skins, hope it won't be smth like jaymod but more like etpub/etpro ;>

Dunno what Vietnam mod version have you checked, so cant talk about its skins. Anyways as I said before, almost all weapons have been rebuilt. I hope people will enjoy them.

tOrMeNtIuM, I dont know if Lukjuz is still gaming cause Im really out of business. Im just working on mod and I dont play ET online since psss.. 1 year ago? So cant say if he is gaming wearing VS tag, using any other alias or simply he is not playing.

Edited by B0RG

• 4 months later...

Well, new ETNam mod is almost ready to be public released, so all server admins will be able to run the mod on their own servers (if they want, of course :D).

The releasing is a matter of days, we hope before 2011, if the final MAC support test works as it should. In the mindtime, you can take a look to www.etnam.org for documentation.

Edited by B0RG

• Administrators

Ok, etnam mod already released. You can take a look on etnam.org

greets

I don't see test server IP on your forums. Is there anyway I can check the mod on your server?

:thanks