Computer problem. Shutting down when it want..

Is that at idle or is that with the CPU stressed? That would be high idle temperature. Run LinX and see how hot it gets. It it hits 80C+ stop linx and you need to clean off your heatsink, make sure its seated properly, take it off and re apply the thermal paste or all of the above.

I ran LinX and the temperature was raising fast! From 65 - 72 on a few seconds! so i stopped it and are going to turn of my computer now and let it rest for a while. will be cleaning it as well. Thanks for the help mate!

did you install any new thing that requires power in your pc? like new LED's or new video card?

this problem could be caused by multiple reasons

but first thing first you have to check your PCU

you said when you use your PC that requires more power it shuts down, the only problem that i could think of is power issues

this could be due to faulty PSU that gives of unstable output AMPs or voltage

clean your pc first, if the issues persists i suggest to check your power supply and then memories

faulty PSUs are very bad, they can f*** your PC starting from memories and hard drives,

hope that help,

Edited by You
  • Like 1

It might is something like that i need to do. Haven't cleaned if for like 2 years! Oh shit was it that long ago?!?!

Sounds like a dust problem to me. You should probably try to clean your computer once every 2-3 months or so. Just get a vacuumcleaner and put it on blow, open up the pc case and try seeing how much dust comes out. I can almost guarantee you that after the dust is gone, your computer will run MUCH smoother.

Sounds like a dust problem to me. You should probably try to clean your computer once every 2-3 months or so. Just get a vacuumcleaner and put it on blow, open up the pc case and try seeing how much dust comes out. I can almost guarantee you that after the dust is gone, your computer will run MUCH smoother.

i cleaned my computer like one and a half hour ago and it was soooooooo f***ing dusty! i am ashamed of how i have treated him! i removed the fan from the processor and OMFG!!it was like a carpet of dust :(

But it runs much more smoother now than before :)

Edited by LainTime SwE

Ya overheating due to dust is like the most common factor. If your computer is still shutting down, listen to this guy and do those stress tests.

Download Memtest and burn it to a CD and then boot into it. It will test your memory. Do atleast 1 to 2 full passes.http://www.memtest.org/

Download LinX and install LinX. Choose a large project size or the blend test and let that run for an hour. At the same time, monitor your CPU and any motherboard temperatures closely. Anything over 80C is pretty damn hot for a CPU and I wouldn't recommend torturing any CPU like that. http://www.xtremesys...npack-interface

Download and installed FurMark. It will 100% load your graphics card. It could be that it is overheating or it is not getting enough power if it crashes during this.

http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

If you have a CD rom or hard drive that is dying it can do weird stuff too. That should help you identify what components may be to blame.

A while back I had issues with my 2nd computer constantly crashing for no reason. Did a memtest one day and found out the ram I have was faulty. So i got it replaced the and now everything is fine.

Take it to a near computer engineering store near your neighborhood, they could replace your fan, and fix your overheating problems, possibly adding more RAM if thats the problem, The cost would be $50 or lower dependant on the date of when its fixed.

Take it to a near computer engineering store near your neighborhood, they could replace your fan, and fix your overheating problems, possibly adding more RAM if thats the problem, The cost would be $50 or lower dependant on the date of when its fixed.

Nooooo. The whole purpose is to learn to fix it yourself... Computers are not complicated.

• Like 1

Nooooo. The whole purpose is to learn to fix it yourself... Computers are not complicated.

Always tell my tech customers you have to play with it to learn how to use it.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont think its RAM problem, because if you have 4gb its very dificult than the 2 memories broken (i think its 2 of 2gb). and the windows start it songs pip pip.... you have a malware or bug problem... download the MALWAREBYTES its an very good antimalwarte ..! i can post it here, but in the web there are many craked malwarebytes... and download a trial version of kaspersky or a good antivirus if you dont have any protection. it should help to your computer.... avoid use ARES or unsecure downloads :) good luck my friend :)