just listen.best rapper by far..no one can compete!

en!gma956

He's good I agree, but no where near the best rapper ever! Not trying to be a troll but if the guy wants to aim higher maybe he should make his own beat instead of picking a highly rated song and just putting in his own lyrics. That being said, his lyrics aren't too bad. Just next time use a track that he made himself and not by Kanye West or someone else ;)

Just my two cents.

the thing is he used the same sample as kayne to show that he kills it better :)

everyone should check out all his free mixtapes theres like 30 of them,he goes off on

everysingle one..

clippz alrite i may have been giving him to much credit but who do you think can do a little back and forth wit charles?

i think 2pac will take him out,but we would need to go back in time :(

He's good I agree, but no where near the best rapper ever! Not trying to be a troll but if the guy wants to aim higher maybe he should make his own beat instead of picking a highly rated song and just putting in his own lyrics. That being said, his lyrics aren't too bad. Just next time use a track that he made himself and not by Kanye West or someone else ;)

Just my two cents.

This is why I was slow to reply (usually reply to all music threads) as I did not want to come off as trolling or sounding high and mighty.

In my opinion Hamilton is a talented rapper and I really like the mixes he has done with DJ Green Lantern (all time fav DJ) but to say he's the best and put him the top category is extreme. My favorite rapper is our home town hero Tech N9ne and while he is faster then most hence his name I would not declare him the best or in the top category to be honest. Then again what is the best? It's more of a option then fact so who am I or anyone else to tell you otherwise.

It's hard to dispute who the best is but I truly believe the undisputed best would be Eminem and most rappers from Roc Nation, YM, Shady, Def Jam (top labels) would agree. It's why no one trys to beef with him anymore in fact a lot stay away from even mentioning his name on record. I'm not even a huge fan of Eminem as I don't care for a lot of his solo work but I would say he is the best. (there is a Eminem thread someone made and I went in more detail there)

Hamilton has a lot of mix-tapes and freestyles and I agree with user above (I quoted) that you needed to post one of them, you can not be the best by using someones else's published beat.

Far as Tupac mentioned above I've have to agree he is in the top 10 at-least. His ability to insert dual meanings into his lyrics to bypass censorship issues in the 90's was incredible. It's sad he was taken before his time. This form of art (rap is poetry which is an art form) was unacceptable so we did not get to see his full ability's on the mic. If he was still alive today he could quite possibly be the best but sadly we will never know his full capabilities. I truly believe Tupac was the Vincent van gogh of rap.

---

I would love to post a thread on the local label we put together with samples, videos, and links.

Would this be considered advertising and prohibited? -some forums do-

I'm sure a mod/admin will likely click on this topic and this is pointed at you.

Edited by YMCMB

I mean anyone can he just a underated rapper doesnt get much shine as others. I like him I've been listening to him before he got signed to interscope, which I don't think he's signed to anymore...I put him down as one of the best freestylers in rap. yea you give a little credit to him but everyone does to whoever they like the most . I can't really say who can bet him I just have to see it ...

M&m and dre used charles to ghost write there newer songs and then booted him when the got what they wanted,

he does use samples but he edits them and reorganizes them then blends them together with his words and makes something new.

i like that he uses samples from all genres of music,yes they are pieces or others work but he is not trying to make any profit from it so that dont matter too much to me,i mean

its cool to here a sample he uses and have it sound so familiar ,but you cant put your finger on it,then it just hits you after listening for a while xD

M&M is cool but i feel like he screams to much,he sounds so angry..he should just take some extacy and enjoy all the money he rakes in from sheer popularity.

It's hard to dispute who the best is but I truly believe the undisputed best would be Eminem and most rappers from Roc Nation, YM, Shady, Def Jam (top labels) would agree. It's why no one trys to beef with him anymore in fact a lot stay away from even mentioning his name on record. I'm not even a huge fan of Eminem as I don't care for a lot of his solo work but I would say he is the best. (there is a Eminem thread someone made and I went in more detail there)

i beg to differ check this song of charles he gives a diss :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svE9j7FuPyY

I have to disagree that this guy is the best. That last cut you posted was pretty whack IMO. The guy was obviously loaded and not handling it well, and it was far from the best verse ever. Cannabis, ChinoXL, everyone in D12, and even underground cats like Sean Luv, Supernatural and MC Juice, Jin and Serious Jones rhyme better than anything I've heard out of this cat so far. The guy has some talent for sure, and can throw out some sick rhymes but I think got a ways to go to be the best.

M&m and dre used charles to ghost write there newer songs and then booted him when the got what they wanted,

he does use samples but he edits them and reorganizes them then blends them together with his words and makes something new.

i like that he uses samples from all genres of music,yes they are pieces or others work but he is not trying to make any profit from it so that dont matter too much to me,i mean

its cool to here a sample he uses and have it sound so familiar ,but you cant put your finger on it,then it just hits you after listening for a while xD

M&M is cool but i feel like he screams to much,he sounds so angry..he should just take some extacy and enjoy all the money he rakes in from sheer popularity.

i beg to differ check this song of charles he gives a diss :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svE9j7FuPyY

Was it a diss or a dramatic fall out?

As you admitted Charles was used to Ghost Write for Shady/Interscope records and as most writers probably felt left out and that he should have been out in the open. No one can say what a artist is felling but this is the vibe I get from that. One line was about having to f--- EM just get his name out basically Charles was made to jump though hoops and yet stayed in the background the is when he said f--- EM.

He also made shoots at EM for begin white and that's despite on his end as we all know and moved past that. People insulted him as he was white in the late 90's/early 00's but not now and the fact he did so shows he was desperate in my opinion.

There was no threats, call outs, harsh insults and or comparisons and the fact Charles is not known to the general public there will be no retaliation by EM.

IMHO, those lines he spit where completely out of anger yet where way too soft to be a diss or call out.

Let me share a example of beef going on right now between two famous rappers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiGz2AJPMrQ

N----s fantasize about the s--t that I do daily like

These rappers rap about all the s--t that I do rarely

I'm like really half a billie n---a

Really you got baby money

Keep it real with n----s

N----s aint got my lady money

Watch the Throne dont step on our robe

^ call out to Baby (Birdman) and diss of Wayne's song A Milli and another shot at Wayne's label.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtxjnIIreiE

Talkin ’bout baby money? I got your baby money

Kidnap your b---h, get that ‘how much you love your lady’ money

I know you fake n---a, press your brakes n---a

I’ll take you out, that’s a date n---a

Im a grown a-- blood, stop playin with me

Play a--hole and get an a--whippin’

^ retaliation with a threat and a reference to Wayne's street life as he was in the Blood gang and the line about a date is a clarification that Wayne is ready for the next move. It's unknown if Jay will keep at it or not

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the most current beef going on and notice how it's completely different toned and neither side did a direct name call as it's a 'general rule of thumb' to not speak full names. Charles did.

I hope made my point clear as there is difference and granted the line is narrow.

Edited by YMCMB

I have to disagree that this guy is the best. That last cut you posted was pretty whack IMO. The guy was obviously loaded and not handling it well, and it was far from the best verse ever. Cannabis, ChinoXL, everyone in D12, and even underground cats like Sean Luv, Supernatural and MC Juice, Jin and Serious Jones rhyme better than anything I've heard out of this cat so far. The guy has some talent for sure, and can throw out some sick rhymes but I think got a ways to go to be the best.

Exactly, he has talent granted.

However there is millions just as talented.

Take it from me that it's a fact that success in hip hop is 50% luck, 40% who you know and 10% talent.

There is ton of talent of there that will likely never be heard sadly because they are not lucky enough to have connections. 100's of street rappers here in KC that are just as good.

This guy is good like I said above he is good with freestyles but to say he is the best is a far stretch. In fact any of my guys could go toe with toe with him and that's my honest opinion. See my thread http://fearless-assa...452#entry239452 there is links to freestyles on artist sites.

I've got some great talented artist as well but to say they are the best is a going to far

---

Like I said Tech N9ne has to be my all time favorite, I'd put Wayne as my number 2 and neither of them I will ever claim to be the best.

I say Eminem's the best and not even a 'fan' of his.

Read my post here to see why I call Eminem the best even though I dislike a lot of his music http://fearless-assa...em/page__st__30

---

Speaking of D12 - look at Bizarre! Love his work

Edited by YMCMB

Using samples is great and most all rappers do it but your best work is never work you borrowed from others and that's what I and the other poster meant.

I don't like Eminem because he's popular and other then couple of his albums i don't even like him overall but i do enjoy his comedic work but i don't think he screams...little over dramatic and to say he needs to use drugs knowing he has a history with addictions is out there.

People will disagree and that's fine as we all have our own opinions and this rapper maybe you favorite and that's good who am I or anyone else to say otherwise I was trying make the point about what sets rappers apart and what exactly talent is in regard if there is a best who it would be

Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park is much much better :/

LP's not my kinda music but he did have solid verses.

Be nice to see him try to put out a hip-hop or rap album bet he could one quite nicely. ^_^

---

I'm not a genius and far from it and a lot of issues I am clueless on. Look how I type? I'm terrible at English and it's my primary. Just image how bad my others are...

There is few areas I'd declare myslef an expert and music* is one of them.

-Latin, Reggae, Crunk, Rap, Hip Hop, and Portuguese Rap- *music

Edited by YMCMB