what's new:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3

Memory: GSKILL 8 Go DDR3 PC1600 RipJaws X

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K (3.4Ghz)

CPU Water Cooler: Antec Kühler H2O 620

ga-z68.pnggskill.png

i7-2600k.pngantec.png

thats some pwnage gaming hardware u got there! :yahoo

but still i prefer intel extreme mobo's instead of gigabyte,since intel has a larger period of warranty,

i know its expensive but its worth it :)

next month ill might buy this mobo:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-board-dx58so2.html.html

thats some pwnage gaming hardware u got there! :yahoo

to be honest that hardware I choose is more for ripping dvd/blue ray (I'm really interesting about Z68 Quick Sync and SSD Caching) .. maybe some video editing then why not, gaming ^^

(I'm really interesting about Z68 Quick Sync and SSD Caching)

The only impresive part of Sandy Bridge is the single-threaded performance,

P67 and Z68 are both incomplete chipsets mate

you still have to pay extra for virtue if you don't want to swap cable :mellow:

and also i don't understand why cached SSD/HDD is so far from pure SSD. Once something is cached to the SSD shouldn't the performance be nearly identical lol? Seems like this type of technology needs more work :P

P67 and Z68 are both incomplete chipsets mate

You mean P67 and H67!!!

H67= graphics capabilities

P67= overclocking capabilities

Z68 = H67+P67

I saw a friend ripping a blu ray (to MKV 720p) 120 minutes in less than 25 minutes :o

also I chose Gigabyte cos better compatible to install Mac lion 10.7 with less problems, I'm already using mac in second hard drive ^^

You already bought this cos 2011 is coming real soon ? 8 cores multithreading will be pawning .

ordered already, receiving them this wednesday morning...

8 cores!!! not all applications are optimized to use 2 or 4 cores.. imagine 8 cores :huh: also 2600K comes with hyperthreading.. means that the OS will recognize 8 CPUs, these extra cores are simulated, even with that some games and apps don't even take advantage of it

you can check out this review: Intel Core i7, pure Hyper-Threading

anyway this hardware will handle my needs for next 1 or 2 years as my Q9550 did :lol:

Medic,

I've been trying to work the SSD Caching, but frankly it doesn't seem like the idea is as functional in real-life as it is on paper.

I bought a Crucial M4 64 GB Sata3 SSD to try it, and used my WD 1TB Cav Blck as my HDD ... but that wasn't working well ...

so then I used the 64 GB SSD as my OS/BOOT drive and the 1TB HDD as the File/Storage Drive ... but started filling up the 64 GB pretty fast

so I now bought a Crucial M4 128 GB Sata3 SSD to use as the OS/BOOT drive, will still use the WD 1TB HDD as the File/Storage Drive and might try the 64 GB SSD again as a Caching drive ... but most people over on overclock.net are telling me it's still not worth it, the Intel SMART RT and the Lucid VIRTU dual GPU functions I thought would make my Z68 board so great don't seem to be properly realized technologies just as yet, maybe someday soon, but not right now for most users.

my 2 bits on it ;)

very nice medic :)

You had the same proc as i have!!

i might be saving up and getting a cooler master hyper 212 cpu cooler, intel i5 2500k, maybe save more for i7 2600k, and a good z68 mobo w/ atleast 4gb ram, mayb 8gb, along with a new case and 1tb 7200rpm hdd, or possibly just a 2nd 500gb, depending on prices. im getting win7 soon for my pc when i get home hopefully. i come home friday....cod will be much awaited!

current rig

case: unknown

cpu: core2quad q9550 @ 2.83ghz

gpu: Nvidia geforce 450GTS

harddrive: 500gb sata 7200rpm

ram: 4gb ddr2, maybe 1033ghz or so, idk,

Asus p5q Pro... That's what I'm using now. P5Q pro turbo actually. I find it's a very nice board.

hehe it still kick ass :lol:

Nice. Let us know what you get your overclock to.

ah I can't tell since I'm not a big fan of overlocking :hmm even the Antec Kühler H2O 620 I took is more about the silence and easy cleaning inside the case

Really nice processor. You will definately get better performace in games. Sandy bridge has kickass memory controller and all the extra bandwidth really helps.

I just loving my new PC, I must say omg WOW!!!

main problem was QuickSync is enabled only when the IGP is active and in use... Now that I figure out how to enable it in the same time with ATI GPU... it kick ass, encoding a full movie (MKV) in only 7minutes 42seconds I must say WOW :yahoo

quicksync.png