Enemy Territory: Application Rule changes

daredevil

• Administrators

Minimum 20 post count is required to post an ET application. Also, we where tired of asking users not to spam in application section. I have changed the settings so that your post count will not increment if you will post in ET application section.

After 2 months, we will move your application to invalid application section if you haven't reached 20 post count. Me and staff where tired cleaning one night application.

This rule may change at any time. Sole purpose of this rule change is to invite members who are active on forum and server.

• Administrators

when will this rule begin? today, right now? coz I've seen some posted applications today from newly registered forum members.

Rule changed at the time of my posting. Off course new members can post there application but there application will not be considered 'seriously' until they reach 20 post count.

Point is to make those shy users talk a bit ;)

I think that someone should only apply if they are active on forums, so if the set player wants to join they must have at least 30 posts in order to post in that section. that itself should seperate the players that know about forums and just play on the server itself. if you can set the "Submit your application" section to 30 post min. then you would avoid the players that aplly on forums that only have seen the forums for a little while.

There is much more to forums that just applying and any player that wants to post an app after 1-10 posts doesnt belong in fa since they dont check forums regularly.

I also think that any "trial member" or any member at all that adds "+1" to any app is a useless post and therefor should not be allowed to post.

Applications require members/regulars that know the person and have played with them to post so others may judge them on their gameplay as well as forum activity and not just a simply +1/ that means nothing without a significant reply

Edited by G!NG3R420
  • Like 1

I dont know if im allowed to post here or my opinion is welcome :)

But if Application Section Posts dont count, then Spam Posts shouldnt count too?

Its easy to get the 20 Posts in Spam section in some days and it would be alot of work to check everyone who apply if he only posted spams or something different too.

and to post only in spam section dont make someone to a active user/reader of the forums, because there is so much more to read and talk about every day here and im not even Member anymore.

If you want activity and know if ppl are really interested in whats goin on in and about the clan, then spams shouldnt count.

• Administrators

Nop. Pretty easy to check :)

http://fearless-assassins.com/user/6476-frated1/

frat.png

Spam section is all for users. They can discuss anything they like and hence post count counted in it. If all posts i.e. 20 come from spam section, then there application get's silently neglected too :)

I dont know if im allowed to post here or my opinion is welcome :)

But if Application Section Posts dont count, then Spam Posts shouldnt count too?

Its easy to get the 20 Posts in Spam section in some days and it would be alot of work to check everyone who apply if he only posted spams or something different too.

and to post only in spam section dont make someone to a active user/reader of the forums, because there is so much more to read and talk about every day here and im not even Member anymore.

If you want activity and know if ppl are really interested in whats goin on in and about the clan, then spams shouldnt count.

Thats what I wanted to to advise but with a lil difference. Spam shouldnt count untill 20 posts, so the first 20 post is surely not in spam nor apply section. Yes I know its easy to check where are they posting but explaining it to applicants would be harder then if they simply not getting their post count increased, so that after posting to spam section they will recognise that it wont help them, if not than they are not as smart as to join us :)

Nop. Pretty easy to check :)

http://fearless-assassins.com/user/6476-frated1/

post-1-0-94960700-1312953130_thumb.png

Spam section is all for users. They can discuss anything they like and hence post count counted in it. If all posts i.e. 20 come from spam section, then there application get's silently neglected too :)

There you see it, the most post's are just Hi to the new Members, silly in my opinion.

They just go to every topic which is in there and post something like "Yo" or "Welcome" and than they get to hear "Very nice how active you are on the forum :blink:"

Something else I really can't understand even why the name of the Sector "Spam" is usually "Spam" would be much nicer for new visitors if it would be named to "Offtopic" or something.

I also think it is more important to have a member who write artful posts and topics than a member who writes one bullshit after the other. I don't want anybody attack with this. Just my opinion to these things.

See you :hi

I added note in read before applying topics in ET sections.

'You must have at least 20 posts in order to join. If you don't have required number of posts, your apply will be moved to invalid application section after 2 months from posting it.'

It would be "hard" to explain to new applicants and new applicants gonna spam or revive old topics just to get 20 posts.

My suggestion :

- Make something like a vote for members only in new applicants threads. They have to post a reason, and then they can choose +1 or -1. Then if you don't post a reason, you can't give a positive or negative vote. Also, make posting in that section only available for members + trials. It would avoid spam from other peoples.

- If you are tired of cleaning up applications every day, why don't you appoint somebody only for this? I mean if leaders, staff, etc are too busy, somebody could be considered as "Recruiter" or the name you want and would only be in charge of applications, cleaning them up.

After discussing it in private section, he could classify them in appropriate section (invalid, trial, denied, etc..)