Possibly gone for a year or more...

Malokyte

Well, it's that time in my life where I make the magical transition from the fake world of highschool, into the slightly more free but just as fake world of university. Unfortunately for me, since I don't have a car, I'm stuck relying on my dad to bring my stuff to my dorm. And he's made it fairly clear he doesn't want my computer to follow me to college.

So, I have the issue that I might have access to a computer only on weekends, but that's fairly retarded because that means I'd sacrifice weekends where I could socialize to go and sit underground infront of a computer. Which is kinda sad.

So I'm trying to convince my dad to let me bring it to college, and that I'm not going to sit infront of it all day (which is what he assumes). If I can't, I might not be able to play for either the whole semester, or the whole year, depending on how well I do.

I'll close this if I can get this issue settled to my favor, but if not, consider this an early farewell. Wish my dad wasn't such a jerk, but I'm stuck with the hand I was dealt, so I'll have to play with it.

Trust me you gonna need a computer. At least a laptop to get all the things done.

^

With no laptop/computer assignments, research, papers etc. become impossible.

University without a computer? Doesn't sound like a good idea, when i went to an open house last year everyone there said you NEED ONE. Well if you can't bring it, we'll say ya when you get back :)

I can't imagine making it through college without a computer. I know I wouldn't have made it without my trusty laptop at my side. Anyway, if you can't talk your dad into letting you bring your PC with you (insanity!!!), we'll be waiting when you get back. Good luck Malo!

Well..have fun Malo! my sister is going to college too :X

But seriously, you need a computer for College....Though my sister doesnt have one...But i will be buying one in 3 years, which is when i go to college, with an 10core Processor and NVIDIA 1000 2GB card, 16GB RAM, and Windows 11. Yep, i expect that all to be out and functioning by then.

:lol:

Well..have fun Malo! my sister is going to college too :X

But seriously, you need a computer for College....Though my sister doesnt have one...But i will be buying one in 3 years, which is when i go to college, with an 10core Processor and NVIDIA 1000 2GB card, 16GB RAM, and Windows 11. Yep, i expect that all to be out and functioning by then.

Wow gen you are a nerd

Nice specs xD

On-topic: I actually found myself more productive at a school computer lab than the computer I brought with me to college, haha. Other than that I really played very little during school (even with my beloved PC that could tear through most games). I quit WoW, played SC2 maybe once a week, and didn't have much time to play on our servers. Hell, even I expected I would be on it more than I actually was (for non school related things).

I'm currently in the market for a laptop, as lugging my PC to/from school between breaks was kind of a hassle (not too bad, but it's difficult for group projects and stuff).

:lol:

Wow gen you are a nerd

HAY!!!

I like to run my games with good Res and FPS :) I mean BF3 requires win7/Vista and im stuck on freaking XP! And my dad wont let me upgrade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice specs xD

On-topic: I actually found myself more productive at a school computer lab than the computer I brought with me to college, haha. Other than that I really played very little during school (even with my beloved PC that could tear through most games). I quit WoW, played SC2 maybe once a week, and didn't have much time to play on our servers. Hell, even I expected I would be on it more than I actually was (for non school related things).

I'm currently in the market for a laptop, as lugging my PC to/from school between breaks was kind of a hassle (not too bad, but it's difficult for group projects and stuff).

AMD 8-cores are comin in a little bit, for desktops i think, according to Blackmagic