Possibly gone for a year or more...

Malokyte

Yea, Prozac knows what hes talking about :D
:( but you need a laptop to go to college. It's a friggin must

Well about THIS part yeah ... the other part, eh, not so much General ;)

Malokyte , good luck in college youngster ... but ummm before you go, can you teach me those wicked sick jumps. :)

I'm getting a laptop for college, though I had to do some weaseling to make sure the laptop would be able to run at least CoD4 at minimum settings, so I should be able to get on, though I'd prefer not on a laptop :/. Also, I'm doing a little more bargaining and weaseling to try to convince him to let me bring my desktop as well. Seems to be working, not sure though.

And of course I need a computer. If my dad insisted no computer whatsoever when I'm a Computer Science major, I'd facepalm him in a second.

@Corey: It's St. Cloud State University.

If my dad insisted no computer whatsoever when I'm a Computer Science major, I'd facepalm him in a second.

LOL... yeah that is like going into culinary arts without being able to bake a cake because your daddy doesn't want you to...

You'll be missed :cry

Anyway, your father really has a point tho. A laptop is sufficient, and a desktop is especially good for procrastination. On the other hand, try to explain him that although you need a laptop, a (your) desktop is more RSI friendly. Although I have a laptop for college, most development is done on my desktop :)