Beavis and Butthead return

FiveMagic

Quotes from Judge (Newsweek 7/19/93):

"I don't think anybody said, 'We're making fun of the people who watch MTV'. It just happened."

"Every once in a while they get their comeuppance in the end, but it's funnier when they get away with it."

History: Spinoff from Liquid Television. Premiered for two weeks in March '93. Returned full time in May '93.

Popularity: Most popular show on MTV with ratings twice as high as anything else on the channel.

Recent winner of California lottery (7.5 million) wants to use his money to pressure MTV to take Beavis and Butthead off the air

because he thinks the show is in 'bad taste'.

Janet Reno (U.S. Attorney General) thinks that shows like B&B are causing the "Decline of the Youth in the Western Civilization".

I...I... don't understand the appeal. Further proof MTV is going down the tubes for me xD

I'm guessing you didn't get into it back in 90s :P

I don't get the appeal that MTV or "shows" like Jersey shore has at this very moment.

• 3 months later...

I LOVE that the opening was them bashing Twilight. I hate those movies and books. I'm hoping they bring back Daria. I was much more into that show but maybe because I was too young to understand what was going on when B&B was originally on.

• 4 weeks later...

Beavis and Butthead have come back strong where as most popular shows that have been running for a while (Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park) are just dying. They've done everything under the sun so now they've run out of ideas, and when they get one good joke they milk it like it's the Great Depression or something. Good on Beavis and Butthead for coming back on a strong basis and showing the other cartoons what's what.

I still remember seeing the movie in theaters (B&B Do America). The show was great if you had a sense of humor, and the movie was icing on the cake.. then the series pretty much vanished, along with everything else that made the 90's cool.

• Administrators

I'm glad Mike Judge came back to do these series. I think he was preoccupied with his other variety shows he made at the time focusing on prime time makers like King of the Hill and fortunately dumping Daria which wasn't even the same caliber of funny as Beavis and Butthead. The episode Woodshop still has me laughing which I guess now is a classic.