PB Awareness

Frated1

I feel like not that many people know about Punkbuster.

Just yesterday, a regular (Kantane) started using an aimbot and was immediately kicked by PB.

It's sad to see people I've played with give in to the temptation of cheating. Is there a way to raise awareness of how PB operates?

Thanks.

When you join the server it tells you that the server has PB. If you don't know what PB is then you could always google it. But most people who are stupid enough to get a cheat, know what PB is.

it's a shame to see regulars give into cheating but it states that this server is protected by PB everytime they join, imo thats enough.

not all kicks are hacks,

cheat or hack violation numbers are 50000 and higher.

Technical Violations: (Resolution: Reinstall PunkBuster from the latest game update patch)
#101 - Communication Failure
#102 - Communication Failure
#131 - Initialization Failure
#132 - Protocol Error
#141 - Distress (This indicates a problem trying to update to the latest version of PunkBuster - it may indicate a problem reaching one of our Internet-based Master PB Servers which can be caused by firewalls, router problems, etc.)

Miscellaneous Violations:
#111 - Bad Name (Resolution: Change player name or play on a different server)
#112 - Too Many Bad Names
#113 - Too Many Name Changes (Designed to eliminate name change spamming)
#114 - Protected Name (Resolution: Change player name or play on a different server)
#121 - Negative Score Too Low (usually from Killing Teammates)
#151 - Extended ASCII Characters in Player Name (Resolution: use regular letters, numbers and symbols in the player name or play on a different server)
#9001 - CVAR value failed range check (see the FAQ for more info)

Integrity Violations:
When PunkBuster is unable to verify that a player's gaming environment is functioning properly and/or has not been alterred, an Integrity violation is raised. This also involves the detection of modified game or PunkBuster files. These violation numbers are between 10000 and 29999. 

Cheat/Hack Violations:
When PunkBuster detects a cheat or hack by repeated positive identification on a player's computer, a violation is raised. These violation numbers are 50000 and higher. Families of cheats are listed below. Resolution: Remove cheats and hacks from the computer.
#50000s - Aimbot
#60000s - Wallhack
#70000s - Multihack
#80000s - Gamehack
#90000s - 'Cheat' Video Drivers
#100000s - Speedhack
#110000s - Autofire
#120000s - Game Hook
#130000s - Attempted PunkBuster Hack

Also you can see all pbbans (from F|A Servers) here

When I first installed ET when it came out, I didnt know what PB was when it asked whether to enable it or not.. But it actually tells you what it is.. So I dont see how you could install ET and not know..

Anyone who feels the need to use a cheat doesn't deserve our energy, hence I wont be raising awareness. >.<