Men dominate Google+

Chuckun

Men dominate Google+

Where are all the ladies?

Since the introduction of Google Plus (G+), the G+ statistics have revealed some fascinating data about those trying out the new social network platform.

Currently, around three-quarters of the people signed up to the new G+ platform are male.

Even funnier yet, statistics from a third party FindPeopleOnPlus reveal that a staggering 95% of those using G+ with their profile stating that they are 'looking for love' are also male.

Since most people who try out Google's new products first are male (mostly due to most web developers and tech-related workers being male), although these statistics seem funny, it it probably not that out of the ordinary for a new product of this kind. However, with the current user base being populated by a majority of these tech-orientated males (around 60%), Google really need to branch out somehow to reach more females and teenagers if they are to ever compete with Facebook.

Statistics also show that G+'s biggest rival Facebook, have more like an even 50-50 split of Males vs Females, and that females are dominantly more active on Facebook. So should Google be worried?

Well, soon you will not be required to enter your gender when registering for G+. Which undoubtedly will affect the accuracy of the male-female ratio.

Is this a desperate decision by Google to avoid embarrassment? Or does Google have an affinity for user privacy?

It would be interesting to see if the ratio of men vs. women balances itself out any time soon. Whilst all this has been a little humorous, we must admit that if Google fails, Facebook will reign for a very long time.

Source: =F|A=Chuckun @ fearless-assassins.com

Facebook for the win <3

Hopefully not for long. Facebook is a nightmare. It's the best there is, I agree. But they should've stopped messing with it at least a year ago. They've turned it into a nightmare.

Bring on the big G!

this especially tht new chatting feature its so bleh

Yeah.. The whole integrating chat with messages was bad enough, but now the whole sidebar shit?! Why can't they just leave it the hell alone. I'd be somewhat loyal if they listened to feedback and stopped tampering. I will have little use for Facebook if G+ takes off, and can't wait to be able to leave them for dead.

Inspired by Mashable? ;)

Nope.. But DAMN IT - that means my figures are wrong :o But.. I CANT BE WRONG!? xD

Thanks for that though, glad to see it is spreading to the female side of SN.. wouldn't work otherwise.

Facebook would've died out just like Myspace did, but since businesses use it a lot and promote it usually in their commercials it will never die (unfortunately)

• Like 1

Facebook would've died out just like Myspace did, but since businesses use it a lot and promote it usually in their commercials it will never die (unfortunately)

I think you'll find Google will have the upper hand there too once they get going :P

Google dominated internet marketing before Facebook came along offering more precise targetting.. Imagine how phenomenal AdWords will be once Google+ is popular?

- Facebook get business' interest because they can target gender, age, interests etc BUT ONLY ON FACEBOOK.COM

- Google AdWords is used by millions and published accross millions of websites, even FA.. But it lacks one thing that facebook has - highly precise targetting.

If google+ works, not only will google be able to offer amazingly precise targeted marketing on Google+, but they'll be able to offer it right across the web! Facebook will not stand a chance IF Google do it right. :) Providing the target (you or me) is still logged into G+ when we visit other websites (even if we've closed G+, but didn't clear cookies), Google will still be able to target to us based on who we are, by checking our G+ login IDs :)

Facebook will be gone. Yay!

I for one will be loyal to Facebook. Not everyone has gmail, and I'd like to communicate with all my friends regardless of whether or not they have gmail.

Also, I find Google+ annoying for some reason.

One loyal Facebook fan right here :yahoo

I for one will be loyal to Facebook. Not everyone has gmail, and I'd like to communicate with all my friends regardless of whether or not they have gmail.

Also, I find Google+ annoying for some reason.

One loyal Facebook fan right here :yahoo

I don't think you need gMail :P

Love Google+ and I think I will be using it :)

Damn straight :) I will definitely be promoting it.

• 2 weeks later...

Google + could be fun too

169891_460s.jpg

xDDDD

i think google+ is way better then facebook...i just hope many will change to it...right now i only have 3 friends xD