Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)

daredevil

• Administrators

An origin story set in present day San Francisco, where man's own experiments with genetic engineering lead to the development of intelligence in apes and the onset of a war for supremacy.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a kinda remake of the 1972 version, Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, with the plot significantly changed. Here is the original plot:

In 1983, a disease kills the world's cats and dogs, leaving humans with no pets. To replace them, humans began keeping monkeys and apes as household pets. Realizing the apes' capacity to learn and adapt, humans train them to perform household tasks. By 1991, America has become a fascist culture of uniformed classes and castes, based on ape slave labor.

Caesar is actually the child of more evolved apes from the future (the original Planet of the Apes), so he is much more intelligent and leads the apes to revolt. Caesar was born in the past (add time travel device here).

Can't wait to see this movie. :yahoo :yahoo :yahoo

• 1 month later...

Just saw this movie there. I watched it with not much expectations to be honest but I enjoyed the movie immensely! James Franco is the scientist, the guy who played Draco Malfoy in Harry Potter is in it too :D

I won't spoil any of the movie for those who haven't seen it, but I would recommend it to people!