ET: Quake Wars

vke

Has anyone played it? it looks like it would be worth the money, but id like to get some opinions before i purchase

aww poop it looked promising. well i have bf2 and cod4, but for xbox :/ i dont know if im gonna drop more money for the pc versions

• Administrators
aww poop it looked promising. well i have bf2 and cod4, but for xbox :/ i dont know if im gonna drop more money for the pc versions

8$ for BF 2 :P

Agreed with everybody else here... ETQW was a big flop... glad I didn't spend money on it. However, if you like the ironsights of COD4 and the vehicles in BF2 you might like ETQW.

My suggestion is Team Fortress 2. It's very active, cheap, and a decent game. I think they're still giving out Battlefield Heroes beta keys and QuakeLive is in open beta too if you want to try something free. I couldn't stand BFH personally, and because I knew how to gamma jump I'm skill matched way above my level in Quake Live.

I played ET QW long time ago now ... it was so **** and so *** ... i tried to play it cos saw some friends like it but mannnnn it was really really ****

I have old ET german friend who play almost all time etqw http://fr.xfire.com/profile/prinzpenis/ Feel free to ask him what he like about this game cos i really i don't see anything to make me leave ET for ETQW :shock:

I watched some vids, and i just ordered BF2 for 5 bucks :)

hmm team fortress, is that the one that comes in the orange box?

I watched some vids, and i just ordered BF2 for 5 bucks :)

hmm team fortress, is that the one that comes in the orange box?

It is included in the Orange Box, but if I remember correctly, they have released it as a Standalone disc also.

Ok, here is the issue. ETQW was ok and was actually better than the original ET.

WTF? you might be thinking...

Here's the rub. If any of you can actually remember original ET it sucked ass (etmain is f***ing aweful), by far compared to ETQW. It wasn't till it was modded (shrub,etpro) that it really became decent (even though shrub wasn't that big of an improvement). ET improved after the patch and made etpub and jaymod the norm (one modded from shrub, the other from etpro ie mods of mods for fks sake)

The problem with ETQW was the difficulty to mod it or create custom maps. The stupid bastards took way too long to release the shit to mod it or even have auto dls enabled. This in the end killed the game and by the time ETQW pro came out, the game was pretty much done... As far as game play went, it was much superior to the original ET by a huge margin. I ran one of the top ranked servers globally (top 4 on a constant basis) and even that died after a year. The basic reason for this was the inability to add custom shit to the game. Trust me when I say I personally gave ID and SD dudes shit over this as they used to hang on our server on a reg basis.

Game play wise, its the same as ET and by far better than any other mp fps game out there, due to its obj game play compared to the boring ass capture flag shit that is by far too much the norm. Graphics are up there, much better than ET, but in the end it all comes down to perception. They failed miserably due to the fact it was locked in on the original maps, no xpsave, etc. If there was a shrub,etpub,jaymod, etc the game may have been a huge hit and ended ET as we know it. ETQW pro came out way too late for a paid game and no other mods ever came out. If the game was free, modding allowed to develop in a reasonable time frame, and auto dls enabled like ET, it would have probably replaced ET by now. ETQW was stuck on 3 map campaigns like the original ET with xp being reset every 3maps. If it could have been expanded to cover all maps then it would have been a hit.

Sorry mister ... but ET is much more better even without MOD especially when you know that ET is older :roll: after all we are here cos of ET not ETQW :hi

still is my personal opinion ^_^

ROFL ETQW gameplay is different from ET or RTCW. ETMain isn't that bad... it was ready out of the box (ETPro doesn't change gameplay mechanics at all, it's main features are demo playback and better antilag). XPSave is whatever... remember RTCW didn't have XP at all, and nearly every comp config turns off awards. ETQW had vehicles, slower gameplay, HUGE maps, and was just too broken to fix.

ROFL ETQW gameplay is different from ET or RTCW. ETMain isn't that bad... it was ready out of the box (ETPro doesn't change gameplay mechanics at all, it's main features are demo playback and better antilag). XPSave is whatever... remember RTCW didn't have XP at all, and nearly every comp config turns off awards. ETQW had vehicles, slower gameplay, HUGE maps, and was just too broken to fix.

ETmain blew. Its been along time since I had even seen an unmodded ET server, but last year actually came across one. Even more bizarre, there were actual people on the server playing that crap. I joined up and soon remembered just how freaking aweful it was. I didn't recall just how bad it was till I played it again. If ET was only ETmain this game would have died long ago. Without the Mods, ET would be dead. Its strange some of the servers I've come across, even played on a original ETpro server just a few weeks ago. I'm talking original, no menu, no hitsounds, etc. ET was modded within months of its release and tons of custom maps were available just as fast. ETQW never had that chance due to stupidity.

When I say ETQW's basic gameplay is like ET, I mean objective based , different classes are needed to win a map etc. Its not like the norm of multiplayer FPS crap that dominates the scene. ETQW is still better than any BF, COD, etc game. It may be different that ET in its game engine and basic feel, but overall its still ET.

In the end this is just my opinion, its really all subjective.

lol i play etmain all the time when i host via LAN... Its not that bad, but then again i havent found the need to have anything except vanilla ET