mouse sensitivity

killemall

Mines around 2.87 or something and I rotate between 2 dpi settings during the game. Depends on the maps terrain. If you can believe it I used to play at around 9.87 a little over a year ago. Slowly been lowering it and adjusting to the changes is how you can get used to it easier. I knew a dude who could own at 12.something but he actually played on one of those big red ball mouses where u move the ball not the mouse.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4.0, 400dpi, 6/11 winsens, no acceleration --> ~25cm/360. I have played with ~10cm/360, ~50cm/360, ~75cm/360 and ~100cm/360. Those low sens started to hurt my shoulders in a long run, so I decided to play with middle sens.

P.S. Gonna post random post from somewhere(I call it 'short aimguide for ET'), check it if you want to know more:

"5 things to do:

1. Windows sens(put it to 6/11 pls) + disabling windows in-build acceleration

2. Polling rate

3. Find a reasonable DPI.

-----------------------------

4. Find good sensitivity.

5. Prac hard go pro.

All those things you can find here: http://lawliet.wippiespace.com/mouse.htm

(What is winsens: http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/2961/winsens.png

Explanation for win sens multiplier: http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4346/mouseinfosensexplained.png )

Wanna be pro @ etpro? Go: http://www.crossfire.nu/?x=news&mode=item&id=6200

Also SLAC guide: http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/114-easy-12-step-tutorial-how-to-install-and-use-slac/"

• Clan Friend

Wanna be pro @ etpro? Go: http://www.crossfire...de=item&id=6200

Pity that Kot didn't say his method for finding a good mouse sens...

I wonder why he said that your method is flawed, imho you need to test if your sens is good for 'point and shoot' aim and tracking, and you can do it even without playing.

And actually tracking is a bit overrated imho, if the opinion of a low counts, like those 'methods' which rely only on tracking (aiming by Raziel) I think that a quick and precise 'point and shoot' aim at the beginning of a fight, to get that first hs, and strafe aiming, are as important as tracking.

Sensitivity in general is overrated, I get the same accuracy and have the same skill level with all mouse sens, if there was a 'perfect sens' which gave a real advantage I would have found it after all this time...

I think I'd have more chances of gaining skill by changing mouse/mousepad/monitor, pc, internet, brain, hand or anything else rather than mouse sensitivity...

Mine is set to 2.1 cfg wise in my binds with a 104/ 42 and 95/42 fov switch respectively with the first gun on and latter gun off. Altho dont mean much sens wise unless you take in consideration other variables such as OS mouse settings and software mouse settings etc. General rule of thumb for ET as someone said earlier is to keep it as low as possible while being able to 180 quite easily. Then take ya m_pitch settings and adjust those.

Guys, read my topic

I still can not find the sensitivity

It depends on many parameters

1. DPI mouse

2. screen Resolution

3. Diagonal screen (20-27 inches)

4. m_pich and _yaw

5. cg_fov

6. The lower the DPI the mouse is better

• Clan Friend

Guys, read my topic

I still can not find the sensitivity

It depends on many parameters

1. DPI mouse

2. screen Resolution

3. Diagonal screen (20-27 inches)

4. m_pich and _yaw

5. cg_fov

6. The lower the DPI the mouse is better

hmm.... I don't agree with some things.

2. not true

3. not true

4. m_yaw is fixed to 0.022 in most servers, and cannot be changed (see for instance "sv_cvar m_yaw IN -0.022 0.022" in many etpro server configs) m_pitch could be important, but it doesn't affect horizontal aim.

5. cg_fov just zooms in or out, it can give a different 'feeling' because high fovs are sort of 'wide angle', but if you could do the same fight twice, you'd have to do the same movement on the table, regardless of the fov, so feeling aside the sens shouldn't change. Remember that in this game mouse input is about how many degrees you move not pixels.

If I move x cm on the table to swich my aim from one object in the map to another, then the same applies with any fov, resolution, aspect ratio, etc. because the angles don't change. (of course if I don't move from the spot where I did it the 1st time)

6. low dpi are good to avoid the so called 'negative acceleration', but on linux there is no negative accel, and on windows too in most situations (unless you are a really low senser who plays with 43fps and 640x480, but with 125fps and widescreen I don't have any negative accel even with 2000dpi, unless I do a veeery quick 180 turn).

Other than this, I see no reason to lower the dpi unless there is a proof that a specific mouse performs better with that specific dpi value.

I have 1.76 but I do not know it exactly because I have a gaming mouse, and it has its own sensitivy

That 'sensitivity' would be variable DPI rather than sensitivity :P Mine has that too, clicking the 'sens' button raises my 800dpi to 1000 or so.