New rotation for HC?

Crasher

this is a little bit late... but couldnt we have some kind of community vote for the rotation... a little bit like we do with new members... if u want 1 map u go and typ +1 there and so on.. then the ones who control the rotation takes the highest rated maps and chooses a suitable game mode for it.... but thats just an idea...

You can't discuss 20 maps with 20 people. Not on the forum at least: You don't want to open a topic for each new proposal and post a reply for every map from every person (that means 400 posts). But you cannot have 1 topic per map independent of the rotation, because if some people aren't active for some reason their old vote shouldn't be taken into consideration.

It's not easy, I think that the easiest solution would be using some modified meeting manager, but I'm not really familiar with those. Doodle doesn't support it as I want it, IP.Board doesn't have something it requires. And developing a new one... No, I hate databases :P

True, but I see it more as "Any rotation you will decide", where the "you --> we" is what we are trying to solve here afaik.

With the current rotation there is one mayor advantage, and that is that it is a new rotation. Obviously I'm not happy with every map, but just to say it, for a large amount of maps I actually am (still) happy :)

You can't discuss 20 maps with 20 people. Not on the forum at least: You don't want to open a topic for each new proposal and post a reply for every map from every person (that means 400 posts)

we did it one year ago or so i think. at the time i was active like a addictive kid :D

But what avaa said is correct :)

Edited by Mobby

True, but I see it more as "Any rotation you will decide", where the "you --> we" is what we are trying to solve here afaik.

With the current rotation there is one mayor advantage, and that is that it is a new rotation. Obviously I'm not happy with every map, but just to say it, for a large amount of maps I actually am (still) happy :)

You're wrong. It's not I, but WE decide the rotation, Milli did the rotation and he did pick maps that people proposed.

I proposed a setup (8 maps) recently, only half of the maps were chosen and only half of those had the style I proposed. Adding that to that I haven't seen somewhere else posting requests for new maps, other than the request for countdown. That is, in my opinion, not involving me into we. Hence, I say you (you people, don't know who all are involved other than milli) decided it, not me.

I do not want to have this discussion, I'll accept the current map rotation but this is not as it should be in my opinion