Brink

TulsaGeoff

• Administrators

BC2 - 32 slots at max. Learned the lesson and BF3 is going to support up to 64.

16 slot is POS. Joe, any word on server hosting? Can we host own servers or it's like gs.com monopoly shit like black ops?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought BC2 was a waste of money too. Until I started playing BC2 Vietnam. Believe me it's amazing.

As for Brink. This game looks so much like Borderland.

Borderlands would have been cool if you could have played multiplayer maps or atleast pvp in some manner.

I only play games for multiplayer and I think its pretty damn fun lol. Conquest is just retarded, but I though rush is pretty good.

• Administrators

BC2 - 32 slots at max. Learned the lesson and BF3 is going to support up to 64.

16 slot is POS. Joe, any word on server hosting? Can we host own servers or it's like gs.com monopoly shit like black ops?

Nothing so far, its VAC anticheat its loads bots if you do not have 16 people on, if you are playing singleplayer and want to play with a buddy you dont have to quit instead they would join your map in progress, you cannot block doorways because you can go through characters, if you try and hide your small character into a larger one you get pushed out lol. You can edit cvars just like in ET, obviously they will allow some type of modding, for server I think they will be releasing server files within the retail version of the game since splash damage uses its id-tech. My cousin is going to newbury in england for the insomnia42 event and they will be playing Brink this saturday and he will let me know if he finds any more info out and of course if the game blows.

i guess many ET players will change to this game

i will continue to play ET because of the server size :D brink is offering what....16 players? but i will play brink too as soon as i can afford it :D

I will wait to buy brink. Last time i bought a game from all the hype was Battlefield Bad Company 2 and it was a waste of my money.

exactly. I have a box of barely-played fps games that were each one supposed to be the most awesomest game ever!

16 players in 2011 sounds like when Doom 3 came out in 2004 and only supported 4 players. ET supports 64.

seems like it will be completely dedicated servers!!!!! :yahoo

We’ve always been dedicated to our PC fanbase, and with Brink hitting shelves in less than two weeks, we’re here today to clarify just what we have in store for PC players regarding dedicated server support.

One additional note before we get down to business — we’re currently shooting to have Brink available to pre-load on Steam prior to the game’s release. We’ll have more specific info on that in the days to come.

Now, let’s get this FAQing underway:

What is the Brink Standalone Dedicated Server?

The Brink Standalone Dedicated Server allows anyone to run multiplayer servers for the PC version of Brink. As the server is standalone, it does not require a full version of Brink to be installed and is completely free.

Where will I be able to get the Brink Standalone Dedicated Server?

The Brink Standalone Dedicated Server will be available for download via Steam prior to release. Once the server is available, you can simply browse to the Tools tab in your Steam client and grab it from there.

Will I be able to run several instances of the Brink Standalone Dedicated Server on a single machine?

Yes. The Brink Standalone Dedicated Server comes with several pre-made bat files that automatically define different ports for each instance. It’s also possible for you to set your own, custom ports.

In terms of available game options, how customizable will the Brink Standalone Dedicated Server be?

The Brink Standalone Dedicated Server includes several different game configuration files covering all of the regular game modes, including campaign, stopwatch, objective, and co-op challenges. In addition, there are a variety of server-side commands available that allow you to further customize your server, including team sizes, time limits and overtime, warm-up rules, friendly fire, voice chat, availability of Command Post buffs, rank restrictions, number of bots, and password.

I represent a Game Server Provider. How can my company offer servers for Brink?

Easy! Once the Standalone Dedicated Server is available on Steam, you’ll be able to start getting Brink game servers up for your customers. We’re currently aiming to have the server files available before release so you’ll be all set when the game comes out.

• Administrators

Will server files require Windows or it will support Linux too?

I enjoy smaller teams.

I beg to differ :P 32+4 slot is best IMO!

16 vs 16 perfect.

Will server files require Windows or it will support Linux too?

seems to be the million dollar question right now. Seems since they haven't said there will be linux i would guess windows only... we shall see though

Edited by *Evil*Stevedawg