New computer

abnerdog

I will be recieving a large settlement from workmans comp in the near future and would like to purchase a new computer. Is there a good one for gameing on the market or should I have one built? I play COD4 most of the time. Any help you can give me would be great.

building it yourself will generally be cheaper for the same set up. That being said if you cant/dont want to build it purchasing it is always an option

some common gaming rig suppliers are:

dell/alienware

cyberpower pc

falcon northwest

along with many others.

Personally, if you have the time/knowledge its hard to beat building a pc by hand.

try to get a quad core i7 for processor cuz with multi-threading theyre really good for gaming... u get 8 virtual cores... or u can get AMD Phenom II Black... its gonna be cheaper than the i7 and u wont notice the difference in performance for all the games right now...

i personally use an AMD Phenom II 955 Black... gives u unlocked multipliers... u can overclock and stuff if u want... with an ATI 5870 2gb... i can max out any game

so if u make something of that sort, u shud be good for like the games for this year and a couple more years easily and programming or whatever else u do on ur computer :P since ur posting it in a gaming forum so i said games xD

u shud really try to get a good video card... even a normal old quad core with a good video card will perform better than say an i5 or i7 with integrated graphics card... and if u get it from Alienware its way more customizable... basically u can put whatever u want in ur computer lol... or get it from ibuypower.com that is good place too... or if ur making it urself try tigerdirect.com

hope this helps... feel free to ask for recommendations on diff components or assembling queries :)

What I´ve done. Figured out what for Im using my PC mostly- narrowed down the games I want to play the most. Searched components which give most FPS for those games. For every application and different games\engines one mid range CPU\Graphics could beat 2 times more expensive respective component. Just the way I´ve gone and Im pretty happy with performance, only heat production is pretty high.

• 3 weeks later...