A weekly event idea

Raider-

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend this Proposition?

• yes
    • No

I think it would be awesome if F|A held an event server on a weekly basis. What I mean by this is have a server hosted running special mods/settings which people would join one day of the week. The day would of course be voted on and the special mods could be anything from Capture the flag (with CTF maps), Powerball (with powerball maps), or hide and seek (with hns settings on etpub or jaymod). I think that a Custom day would be cool to break the norm of regular fragging and basic map objectives. I've seen this done in a number of clans and was always a huge hit in that the servers filled up fast and stayed filled for that day because it only happend once a week. People looked forward to it.

Powerball- In powerball, the objective is to grab the glowing ball and bring it back to your score zone which can be done by throwing it into the small zone for 3 points, or running it in for a touchdown of 7 points. There is only one ball in the map which respawns in a neutral location in between the bases once a team scores. The team with the highest points at the end of the round wins.

Capture the flag- Each team has a base on opposite sides of the map. Each base has a team flag, in which the objective is to make it to the enemy teams base, grab their flag and bring it back to yours. The catch is you can only cap the flag when your team has posession of their flag as well. The team to cap 3 first wins, or some settings allow for more caps but whom ever has the highest cap wins. If both teams end in a tie, sudden death occurs where the team who can touch the other teams flag first wins.

Hide and seek- can be done on jaymod, etpub and I think Etpro, in which you only use a hide and seek config. The objective in this mod is for the seekers (Allies) to find the hiders (axis) and kill them all before the time runs out. Since this is a pure setting mod, I can vouch for the FL config in that it blows the EA hns away. Settings are key to making hns fun in that it changes the way people play. The Frontline config does not use anti-gib so seekers can gib those they kill right away, although it takes several knifes and shots to do so. It also has unlimited sprint, no fall damage, golden pistols for the allies which have unlimited ammo, 1337 hp for the allies so they can't be killed, and level 3 medic for the axis. Basically this allows for people to utilize their strafe jumps across the map to survive, as well as hiding skills. I think this config is loads more fun than EA's. EA's config has anti-gib on where nobody can be gibbed in order for allies to win they have to kill everyone and not let them revive. The catch is axis medics don't have unlimited sprint and are only level 1 medics so they don't get nearly as many packs. It's more deaths for everyone and more camping the bodies that need to be revived. I find that more hiding is done in the FL config, but both become cat and mouse chases which FL's are extremely fun because it becomes tj chase downs spanning across entire maps.

There are other types of special games such as panzer war (maps and config), Sniper war (only class is sniper, on special made sniping maps such as AE sniper challenge and so forth), and Baserace (also a desert version I've never played it though). Baserace is usually played on regular servers so it's not as special as others but it is unique in the objective sense.

Anyway I'm just throwing this idea out there, it may of already been discussed and shot down, I'm not searching pages of history to find out :D .

Edited by Raider-

i like the Hide and seek idea :)

Edit:i just remembered that i have played actually this type of match on purefrag map

,but without a config so all you needed was a rampage and you would win the game on your own :P

hns we played rememberrr and when it could get crowded, powerball and ctf look good but ctf would be like massacre so itll be fun, also i suggest we being able to play panzerwar and gravity changing as well

• Administrators

Good idea.. question is who is going to lead it :P

I can host the server for it, no issue at all but someone got to handle it...

We can do something like:

1. TDM - Just frag the shit out of map : Silent Mod

2. Last man standing : Silent or Jaymod

3. Panzer : Silent or Jaymod

4. Sniper War: Silent or Jaymod

5. Pistol War: Silent or Jaymod

6. Rifle nade War: Silent or Jaymod

Your idea is valid but issue with this things, people show up for 1st and 2nd time but after that it gets boring quickly and people don't show up or the organizers don't show up.

I personally don't have time so if someone comes up and tells me, I will be there for 3 hours straight, I am up for it.

We need to decide maps for above types or even different types and I will get the ball rolling on my side. Rest is up to the users.

Good idea.. question is who is going to lead it :P

I always like to help with such things ;)

1. TDM - Just frag the shit out of map : Silent Mod

2. Last man standing : Silent or Jaymod

3. Panzer : Silent or Jaymod

4. Sniper War: Silent or Jaymod

5. Pistol War: Silent or Jaymod

6. Rifle nade War: Silent or Jaymod

7. Knife War

8. Baserace War

:P

I like the idea. Unfortunately i dont have much free time to handle it :( but sure im going to participate.

Hmm fine to at me, its just difficult to take an day and time.. because everyone has his excuses..