Team Switching/Unbalancing teams

runner

Well,

I am sure the only thing we/me can do about this is !cry all day, but can't actually enforce any rules or discipline.

So...

FA Hardcore Server : Operation Marc.

*player name* - EMB (somethin)

30 Minute map i believe.

EMB plays on the allies side for about 20 minutes.

Allies get inches from the objective, and get owned at the truck.

Everyone raged and went spec, fortunately, FA Milk was kind enough to even up the teams.

After people switched it up to even it up, the map was coming to an end with about 2 minutes left.

EMB was specin the last 10 minutes.

With 2 minutes left...EMB switches to Axis.

In-turn, he takes the win and the PRW, while people that were kind enough to switch from their winning team and all their hard work...get screwed.

Anything we can do about this?

I dont mind it too much, but at the 2 minute mark when your team just worked their butt off, it kinda gets to me.

p.s.... when EMB joined at the end someone left at the same time...which made allies down 2..and he would not switch back. (someone evened it again from our team)

• Administrators

Nothing we can do and I don't see any issue in it at all.

PRW means nothing at present. It's shit and we don't use PRW in shuffle.

I disagree with the PRW comment in some sort. ET the goal is to win the mission, and it correlates with KDR a lot.

If you notice, the players with a high KDR...also have a high PRW...but i understand your opinion on that one.

The problem was that all these people on axis worked their butt off to defend the objective...only to leave their team and help out allies....and than after they even...someone from allies goes to axis.

Thats cheap.

I figured we cant enforce anything, but the situation he did it in was def. wrong.

Everyone in the room (including regulars) were annoyed and said, "ban him!"...clearly we cant do that.

But it was pretty annoying.

Thanks for the reply DareDevil. I just wanted to see if there was anything we've discussed on this.

p.s... I used to think KDR determined skill too, until i realize that you can pad the hell outta KDR by simply knife only, or by having a great start. ex. (play for 1 day, vs noobs, get a 6.0 KDR, and its impossible to drop/build up)

Yeah i know, i wasnt making a big deal out of it once the map was over.

I just felt bad for the guys who switched when they didnt wanna.

I would have gotten over it if it happend to me..but i feel the need to worry about others well being...its a curse :-p

DareDevil you can lock this post :) you already answered my question.

You can make your own goals as to why you play the game, and others will do the same. I don't know or care how PRW is totalled. If others do then just let them.

There are much bigger and better games than ET, I play this game for the community. If I want to worry about K/D and scores, I'll go play BC2. :)

It is a bit of an issue that teams ended up unbalanced every 2 minutes, but that's what admins are for. Give it a minute, if no one wants to move, you do it.

• Administrators

If you notice player with lower KDR also have a high PRW.

PRW means nothing because it's just a value on scoreboard and it isn't being used at all at present on daily basis.

If we can make some use of it, then it would be useful feature and I have done more then 50 test in Etpub to make use of it. It's worse in 9.x release for some reason.

More or less, if teams are balance everyone is entitled to change the team whenever they like. There can be various cases..

Example being:

1. Phone call. Go to spec. Come back and axis is full. I ain't waiting to shoot someone.. Join allies.

2. Getting rapped? Pussy players always go to spec and if teams get balanced they join good team.

3. I want to know 2nd obj to defend in new map. Play first as allies and 2nd half as axis.

4. Getting killed by only 1 player in another team? Ashamed of loosing K/D ? Join there team silently.

Above are just few but there could be many... We might look into k/d and PRW calculation in silent mod down the road.

I don't mind going after the objective and dying many times in the process. If I can run past the opposition and get to the objective without getting in a firefight, then I'll do it. On the other hand, if there are plenty of engineers on the team, I like to grab a panzer or mortar and cause damage to the defense in an explosive matter.

K/D and PRW don't matter to me because I enjoy playing the same and at the end of the day, it is just that, a game. There are quite a few regulars and F|A that I enjoy playing with or against.

!love Douglas

hahahahah a lot of shit players are on my mind when it comes to this. ROFL

Fuking whores.. :P

I'd just actually join the other team and help em advance :P

If you notice, the players with a high KDR...also have a high PRW...but i understand your opinion on that one.

I can understand where your coming from being mad at someone for this. However the quoted statement def. isn't true. Many high KDR players have a low PRW because they spend all they're time camping and fragging to get their high KDR and not accomplishing anything towards the obj.

Since this subject was brought up on another board and it was locked & I couldn't respond...... I frequently go into spec for the first few minutes of a map. I do this not to see what team gets an advantage. I do it so that while I am AFK, others have the opportunity to play on a balanced server. I have NEVER switched after a shuffle was made. I have known alot of FA members for years and always do my best to do right for this clan. Sorry to intrude on this thread but I felt the need to defend myself.