Whats the best browser

Waster

best browser  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Whats the best Browser and why

Google chrome because of it's speed and clear design, although I must commit Chrome doesn't support several features that are useful for my school site.

For example there isn't an option to save online pdf files, and no description will show up next to my mark list. (Not that I want to see that anyway :S)

Safari ftw. Has the best compatibility, lots of free add-ons, and looks clean. Has the best built in spell check too imo

• 2 weeks later...

Netscape used to be one of best there was - seeing as the next best was IE, which had the flexibility of a brick.

Mozilla and Chrome and pretty much level with each other, although Mozilla's easier to use.

Has anyone used Safari btw?

Chrome is my favourite on Window, largely because it will sync your bookmarks/history/extensions/etc. via your Google Account to other Chrome installs (so if you have a laptop/notebook and desktop, or use multiple OS's you can close Chrome in one and open up the same bookmarks and etc. in another). Chrome also has sidetabs in the Windows development/beta version, and those are just awesome to use.

Firefox has a much larger library of extensions, should you need them, but I find it tends to get bloated.

Safari on Windows isn't really worth trying, but in OS X it's my browser of choice (I use all three, for different things, but spend most of my browsing time in Safari).

IE I only use for Quake Live.

As for Opera, people tend to love it or hate it. I tend towards the side that dislikes it, but the number of people who do like means it's worth giving a try, if only to see if it's your kind of thing.

Edited by Brisk