ET pro

f0reseen

Ok, so i head over to this one ETpro server today with shot and nabish, and i could barely kill anyone. On other Et pro servers(at least the ones i [play on) I do a lot better. Can someone tell me why I was having a lot of troulbe on this one ET pro server?!? :blink: The servers name was cyber something.

People on cybergames are pretty good players, like they would scrim alot and that kind of stuff. Can you give the name of the server you play on? Maybe it might just be a server where not so good players play. But on cybergames there are some wallhackers and aimbots you got to watch out for. But most of them are really good players. They would beat 99% of people who play on F|A (Including me)

Ping probably had a little bit to do with it as well, the only etpro servers that are regularly full are euro. Its tough to play with 200+ ping on etpro

• Clan Friend

high ping could be a handicap for sure, because they shoot before you do, but you can still play well if you keep practicing.

I played from Canada for a while and I had a huge ping in europe but I had more or less the same skill, if you keep playing against good players you will eventually get used to it.

of course if you play in some servers like bio clanserver, crossfire slac, cybergames, maybe element, every single player can frag you, because there aren't any nobs there.

cybergames servers are in Italy, which means you will have a huge ping and disadvantage. bio and crossfire are in england afaik, so closer to you.

The bad thing about playing with newbies is that you can make mistakes and still survive, so you will eventually develop bad habits. Well... I am low and in the past I played only in those places I mentioned, so playing against good players doesn't always work :) and btw there is no really 'skilled' public server, because if it's public then everyone can play there, but especially in the first 2 I told you (bio and crossfire) there are usually pretty good players, and with slac you have less (or hopefully no?) cheaters.

If you have a good accuracy and you die a lot, it's probably because of your ping, because you start shooting later. If you have a bad accuracy, then that is the reason high ping or not. So from your stats you can have a better idea about the reason why you lose.

Slac unfortunately doesn't stop all cheaters. Slac was created by cheaters and there cheat can get through it, and also others would have it. If you think they cheat just spec them. On most etpro servers kick vote is enabled so you can just kick them. But yeah ping makes a big difference. Does anyone know any active servers near Australia??? Then I can have a fair game cause in scrims the enemy has 50 ping and I have 400 so it's like impossible to win

High ping at etpro isn't problem, but high ping on jaymod/etpub/NQ IS a problem. Better antilag maybe? 2 examples: rockstAs, canadian player, one of the best damage dealers in the world, need to play on euro servers (150ping). Second example: Sometimes I play with stable ~700ping, 42-45acc. For accurasy ping won't affect much, but yes its harder to play with 700 ping than 98. 148 is still very playable, but ofc the lower the better.

• Clan Friend

Slac unfortunately doesn't stop all cheaters. Slac was created by cheaters and there cheat can get through it, and also others would have it. If you think they cheat just spec them. On most etpro servers kick vote is enabled so you can just kick them.

well, in fact I said 'less' cheaters, but I don't fully agree about slac.

So basically you are saying that chaplja made some private cheat for slac? How do you know? Many cheats which work undetected on pb can't even be started on slac, and that's why I think there are less cheaters there, or at least it's harder to cheat. But of course no anticheat is unbeatable, so I don't trust anyone as 'clean' just because they play with slac.

And btw I think there is max 1 cheater every 10-20 players in top etpro pubs, probably less. I rarely see obvious cheaters, and if they aren't obvious speccing them would be useless, and convincing others to kick them even less. There's a higher chance that they press f1 for a random votekick

High ping at etpro isn't problem, but high ping on jaymod/etpub/NQ IS a problem. Better antilag maybe? 2 examples: rockstAs, canadian player, one of the best damage dealers in the world, need to play on euro servers (150ping). Second example: Sometimes I play with stable ~700ping, 42-45acc. For accurasy ping won't affect much, but yes its harder to play with 700 ping than 98. 148 is still very playable, but ofc the lower the better.

good antilag or not, high ping gives you 2 disadvantages on every mod:

1. you have more prediction errors, since when a bullet hits you, you are 'pushed' in the server before you realize, so you shoot from a different position, given that antilag only moves enemies, and takes for granted that your position is the same as client prediction. That is, with a high ping it's harder to hit under enemy fire.

2. your opponent starts shooting before you, and since it's a matter of taking all the hp faster than he does, he has a slightly better chance of killing you.

In my exiperience it's harder to play with a high ping on etpro too, anything above 98 and I can already feel a slight disadvantage.100-101 is already worse than 98 (actually when you see 98 real ping is lower, that's why there are often players with 98, 48 or 148 ping, because it's sort of rounded)

I once had a problem with my isp, and my ping went from 98 to 148 for some days. Same opponents, but harder to frag. Now I have routing problems, and I don't get 98 anymore, but 100ish pings -> I hit much worse.

What's more, I have to bear all the insults from stupid players, who barely know how to turn on a pc and who believe to myths like 'you have high ping so you are unhittable' and such nonsense. So I lose and I am insulted too... that's why I stopped playing etpro for a while, at least in servers like fa there's more tolerance for all players.

I don't want to contradict you, but having played with all pings from 0 to 300 I can say it's a (slight) handicap on etpro too.

Slac unfortunately doesn't stop all cheaters. Slac was created by cheaters and there cheat can get through it, and also others would have it.

ignorance

rockstAs, canadian player, one of the best damage dealers in the world, need to play on euro servers (150ping).

*rockstAr, you mean? :D

Yes the players are good on the server but I have played on other ET pro servers many times before and do better. This one player named dr.ravi seemed like he was hacking but it was kind of hard to tell(most players on serevr suggested he was). I guess it may have been my ping then ascence i had 200 and up.

• Clan Friend

Yes the players are good on the server but I have played on other ET pro servers many times before and do better. This one player named dr.ravi seemed like he was hacking but it was kind of hard to tell(most players on serevr suggested he was). I guess it may have been my ping then ascence i had 200 and up.

well I don't know what to say, you write that you weren't able to kill anyone, not some specific player...

I think you need to improve your accuracy a bit, you can't go in places like purefrag with 25 accuracy and get an even k/d... I have an even k/d with 39 average accuracy in 400+games.

to get more kills than deaths I should either roofcamp like all the nobs or have 45 average accuracy... but even if you roofcamp 25 accu is a no no

make sure your mouse is perfectly setup, sensi and all, and try to improve your tracking. Don't try to kill enemies by camping or in lame ways because you won't improve, just fight a lot and you will improve your accuracy

good antilag or not, high ping gives you 2 disadvantages on every mod:

1. you have more prediction errors, since when a bullet hits you, you are 'pushed' in the server before you realize, so you shoot from a different position, given that antilag only moves enemies, and takes for granted that your position is the same as client prediction. That is, with a high ping it's harder to hit under enemy fire.

2. your opponent starts shooting before you, and since it's a matter of taking all the hp faster than he does, he has a slightly better chance of killing you.

In my exiperience it's harder to play with a high ping on etpro too, anything above 98 and I can already feel a slight disadvantage.100-101 is already worse than 98 (actually when you see 98 real ping is lower, that's why there are often players with 98, 48 or 148 ping, because it's sort of rounded)

True, I was in hurry, so I just said in the end "the lower the better". But what I basically meant, was that high ping in etpro is much more playable than high ping in pubmods.

lol ppl on cybergames only think they are good but really arent :P

The etpro pub with the highest skilled players is usually either BiO or Crossfire SLAC. Others are just euro servers run for lows to go around and pretend to be good :D