ET Profession Roles

TheDuck

Just thinking about the 'role' that the professions play...and I'm probably thinking too much on the subject :rolleyes: but...thinking in a RPG way...

-Medics have extra health. Why? They can heal themselves. Should their health be set to 'neutral'?

-Engies use their brains more. Not as athletic as other professions. Should they have the lowest health?

-Soldiers are the grunts of the military. They dig the trenches, haul the heavy weapons etc etc. Shouldn't they have the highest amount of health?

-Field ops use arty and air strikes, and carry the ammo. The ammo is quite heavy. Should they have the 2nd highest health?

-Spec ops are the assassins. The most cunning of the classes. Should they have the ability to have x2 on health regeneration when in covert mode?

Leave your input on what you think. Are these silly ideas? Do they need more work? What ideas do you have?

Just thinking about the 'role' that the professions play...and I'm probably thinking too much on the subject :rolleyes: but...thinking in a RPG way...

-Medics have extra health. Why? They can heal themselves. Should their health be set to 'neutral'?

-Engies use their brains more. Not as athletic as other professions. Should they have the lowest health?

-Soldiers are the grunts of the military. They dig the trenches, haul the heavy weapons etc etc. Shouldn't they have the highest amount of health?

-Field ops use arty and air strikes, and carry the ammo. The ammo is quite heavy. Should they have the 2nd highest health?

-Spec ops are the assassins. The most cunning of the classes. Should they have the ability to have x2 on health regeneration when in covert mode?

Leave your input on what you think. Are these silly ideas? Do they need more work? What ideas do you have?

its a nice thought, but as pepe said its unlikley to change.

Medics have extra health. Why? They can heal themselves. Should their health be set to 'neutral'?

do you mean their health should be fixed at 100hp? even if they can heal themselves, they still got to cross the battleground to get to the wounded. they're going to take hits and they're either going die, or heal themselves, but then not have enough charge bar for the wounded. better to allow them to have like 150hp so though they take hits, they're still alvie and of use. besides, its the begginners choice of class - limted ammo yes, but extra health makes you live longer makes you learn the maps and how to move faster, specially as you can heal yourself as you move on exploring. you also get more health when shooting ; a bonus fif you your new and cant headshot for shit

surely you dont want to dsicourage people from playing engi? teamwork may be the aim of the game, but often engis go rambo and need whatever they can get. if they have lower health you aint going to see a lot of engis around. specially since r-nades are often complained bout...

then you get stuck with panzernoobs that just...wont...DIE!!!!

oh and you dont want more camperss do you?

surley if your basing on weight of ammo , it should be stanima not health? but anywayz field ops is prboaly the least exciting class. bit pointless i think personally. you either feed mgs/mortars (no need for having high health really unless mortar is open place) or your waiting till command central send more planes. other than that...its quite easy to simply chuck a canister and contunie fighting. no need for anything new. in that sense they're sorrt of..well..perfect.

Spec ops are the assassins. The most cunning of the classes. Should they have the ability to have x2 on health regeneration when in covert mode?

well if one presumes they aint sniping , then this might be usefull, but not alot. a good player will do well with a sten and some headshot such that you end up cursing the covet ops. i often use the fj-42 because its a bit more powerful than the thompson at times and you could end up with a lot more trouble if we heal faster. besides which, part of the fun of being a covet ops is that eliminate of risk of being caught. 2x health regenration kinda makes it a bit less fun because you know you can take a few shots but it wont matter as much and as such the stakes arent as 'high' and its a bit less fun.

still..some nice ideas Mr Duck. still your number 23 fan.

i personally am thinking

-FATALATIES! - kill enough people and you get so mad you start ripping spines

-SCAT-ATTACK! - for when you run out of ammo and are faced by lots of enenmys

-HARA-KIRI!- you'll never take me down. NEVER!

-TRANSFORMERS - that tank is a bit dull. but with a few twits ...

lol yea...i was thinking too much. But the main point is a brain farting session. ET may be dying, but it ain't dead yet :) Keep the ideas flowing :thanks

I like the fatalities idea lol But what about in the context of NBA JAM. Get enough kills and 'HES ON FIRE' :mad (no not mad, but this smilies on fire)

lol 6 years on and et is still as strong as heman_orko.jpg

i dont its going to 11_12_60---Dice_web.jpg

any time soon :P

hmm - basketball + flames = ultimate

mario_goomba_blog.jpg

there shall be no mercy.jpg

from the donald-duck.jpg!

(hmm..my new background)

There's things other than health that even out the classes:

- Soldiers run slower when they have their special weapon out.

- Medics have more starting health (and cap out higher) than other classes, but substantially less ammo.

- Engineers have more grenades and more ammo than other classes.

- Field Ops have more ammo and start out with binoculars with 0 xp. One of the easier classes to start out with.

- Covert ops are faster than other classes and start out with binoculars.

- Medics have more starting health (and cap out higher) than other classes, but substantially less ammo.

- Field Ops have more ammo and start out with binoculars with 0 xp. One of the easier classes to start out with.

cov ops can also see mines, destroy command posts with o xp

cov ops can also see mines, destroy command posts with o xp

after lvl4 battle ops (i think) you too can see mines!

soldiers do indeed run slower, but i think after more xp they'll be more normal. as i rember , in nq you do get more strenght as you go along

-medics yes have more health

-enginess have bout 8 nades

-field ops have binocs, but unless you're playing to use them for arty , or are the kind of person who uses them to find an enemy you could try shooting at from afar arent much use. i personally only use binocs on my garand/fj-42 or for spotting landmines.

-covet ops are indeed faster. but i dont think you've got trap awareness till more battle ops so essiantly your blind till you step on the landmines (then you can whip out your binocs and spot it). of course , you could binocs still on places where they're most likley to appear...

You have to keep in mind that the game was not designed for xpsave (not even possible without a mod), and that it wasn't designed to be a game for individuals to shine. In order to succeed, you MUST work as a team.

You have to keep in mind that the game was not designed for xpsave (not even possible without a mod), and that it wasn't designed to be a game for individuals to shine. In order to succeed, you MUST work as a team.

+1

Also, A soldier should be able to pick up ANY weapon he finds and use it. This would help make the soldier a big part of the war again rather than just the "flamer/panzer packer" the game has forced them to become. Any army should have more soldiers than anything else.

Field-Ops should have extended range on their radar in their HUD and have the ability to use mortar.

Soldiers were able to use any wep in RtCW. ET makes the classes a bit more realistic in what each class would be using for a wep. And a fops with mortar would be kinda a hack since they could keep giving themselves ammo lol, although without xpsave noobs would keep running out of power and wouldn't know what to do.

The game is perfect as it is. :)