Dead/Stuck Pixels??

Antichrist

I'm using a temporary keyboard until my replacement SealShield arrives this friday. Some keys don't work, so forgive me if I miss correcting any typos I have to copy/paste each missing letter, and it's annoying lol

I figured I'd post here since most of you are far more PC friendly than I am....

I have a 5.1 Logitech X-540 speaker system on my PC.

I also have a 19" Hyundai LCD.

So the center channel speaker has an option, it can stand by itself, or clip onto your monitor. HOW COOL! No. Not really.

The "clip" function isn't sturdy. In the process of moving some wires, my center speaker fell, and hit my monitor. Causing a cluster of about 8 dead/stuck pixels.

I tried using a few online programs to fix dead pixels, one of which was JScreenFix. And it seemed to reduce the number of problem pixels.

The next day, I had about 16-20 problem pixels. I used JScreenFix, and it reduced the number to 10-12 or so.

This morning, I have a big cluster of problem pixels, and it just worsens every morning I turn my monitor on. (I know I can just leave my monitor on, that's obvious, but I'd like to fix this, or stop the spreading if possible)

When I run pixel tests, the area appears black, and is surrounded by green. A full black screen shows my pixels as if there is light coming through. They don't show up as being black.

Any ideas? Are they dead? Are they stuck? Why does it keep spreading when I turn my monitor off overnight?

If this was a small spot in a corner of my screen it would be tolerable, but this is almost dead center of the top of my screen, and its very distracting. Especially while playing ET.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Antichrist

I know nothing about dead pixels other than that they do spread and will keep spreading.

Have you tried 'de-razzing' (thats what it was called on my old monitor) your screen? It's a function in your screen menu (or a button on the screen sometimes) which tries to fix problems like that.. Originally it was for de-magnetising the screen if someone had put a magnet to it on CRT's..

Well, I was going to say the best way to fix a spot of dead pixels on a monitor is to replace it... but your girlfriend beat us to it.

And.. I wish my wife was half as cool as your girlfriend. Took me 6 months to talk her into letting me buy a new mouse, even then it took her cat eating the cord to my mouse before she was cool with it and only if she got one too.

Massage them with a finger worked for me few times.

We're still talking about monitors right? Actually I've solved the problem with dead/stuck pixels myself the same way. From the sounds of it it seemed as though the liquid display had been penetrated/cracked. On the other hand, that's one hell of a nice upgrade your getting. Take the GF out to dinner sometime soon.

We JUST went out to dinner Monday so maybe thats why she did it :)

And you can fix broken cords :) I actually spliced another 6' length of US onto my mouse cord because it wasn't long enough.

And the dead pixels have spread even more this morning. The dead spot is now 1.25" long and .125" wide at its widest part.

When the new monitor arrives I'm going to give it one last try to attempt to rub the pixels to fix this or at least make it better. If I can; I'll give the monitor to my father since he's still using a 15" CRT..... I cringe every time I see his computer set up. His CPU isn't even measured in gHz yet WTF!?!?!?

My mother has already been upgraded to a 19" widescreen for her birthday 2 years ago.

Apparently Antichrist and I are the only ones getting laid in this thread. And that screen is done.

i have 3 screens and my fingers are sore ; )

Anyone know where i can get a glass computer desk in canada that ships? tryed all the big stores walmart etc

• Administrators

i have 3 screens and my fingers are sore ; )

Anyone know where i can get a glass computer desk in canada that ships? tryed all the big stores walmart etc

There used to be a store used and new office furniture and they sold a few of those as well it was somewhere around Dixie and Queensway check yellow pages maybe they are still around there, it was 5 yrs ago.

There used to be a store used and new office furniture and they sold a few of those as well it was somewhere around Dixie and Queensway check yellow pages maybe they are still around there, it was 5 yrs ago.

ya i think i know the place i remeber there was a place around there thanks

http://www.officedepot.ca/

Keep in mind with a glass top, if you use an optical mouse, you'll need a mouse pad. Even frosted glass requires a mouse pad. I have a glass top desk and optical mouse myself.

And screen update EDIT: The line of dead pixels is now 1.75" long (.5" longer than yesterday) Same .125" width at the widest point. Where the dead line started, is light, I rubbed the hell out of it (I figured I have nothing to lose with a new monitor arriving Monday) And the original section lightened up a lot to the point that its no longer a solid line.

Its almost like the pixels are stuck, and the 'damage' keeps moving up and to the right at about a 45 degree angle. It's about 3/8" away from the top of the screen now. I'm very curious to see what happens tomorrow, assuming the current pattern of a 1/2" increase per night at a 45 degree angle remains constant.

Edited by Antichrist