Dead/Stuck Pixels??

Antichrist

No biggie then. I had it for like 5 years anyways...

I just ordered a new video card (VGA and DVI) and a 400w PSU, so I'm going to use the broken monitor as just a 2nd desktop while gaming, watching movies, etc...

If/when it ever dies completely, it can easily be replaced. 19" LCDs are under $100 now :)

And the new monitor arrived today. It wasn't supposed to come until monday.

So far, it's amazing. Better picture than my last, Crisp. Sharp. 1920x1080 display

My only complaint with the monitor so far, It doesn't have any vertical height adjustment. Otherwise, a great deal for the price.

EDIT: Oh and I have 5.1 surround... so I didn't bother testing the built in speakers.

Edited by Antichrist

I've got 5.1 surround sound as well, but I use my monitor's built in speakers for.. the headphone support. Of course, I still need to get a new set of headphones.

But yeah, extend your desktop, and put something witty for the background that incorporates the black hole of dead pixels for a chuckle.

http://www.officedepot.ca/

Keep in mind with a glass top, if you use an optical mouse, you'll need a mouse pad. Even frosted glass requires a mouse pad. I have a glass top desk and optical mouse myself.

And screen update EDIT: The line of dead pixels is now 1.75" long (.5" longer than yesterday) Same .125" width at the widest point. Where the dead line started, is light, I rubbed the hell out of it (I figured I have nothing to lose with a new monitor arriving Monday) And the original section lightened up a lot to the point that its no longer a solid line.

Its almost like the pixels are stuck, and the 'damage' keeps moving up and to the right at about a 45 degree angle. It's about 3/8" away from the top of the screen now. I'm very curious to see what happens tomorrow, assuming the current pattern of a 1/2" increase per night at a 45 degree angle remains constant.

Office depo $192.06 shipped over night must be bussiness days free shipping will be here monday thanks guys

post-905-0-60331100-1295103520_thumb.jpg