TrickJumping

Corey

So i am just wondering if there are any cfg settings or something to help TJing. Cause it seems like when i watch people do it they seem to jump further and higher than me so maybe I'm just that bad or maybe there's some settings that will help me :( i know usually you want like 125fps and have your pmove_fixed set to 1 but idk if theres anything else. thanks.... :P

• Clan Friend

nothing else needed. you just need to know how to jump :)

when I used to gammajump I had pmove_fixed 1 and com_maxfps 61. Why?

pmove_fixed is like having 125 fps, but server side, so the server splits you command in 'parts' of 8msec each. If you have 125 fps you 'nullify' pmove_fixed because 1000/125 is already 8 ms, 61 is close to 125/2 so each of my command was split in 2 parts of 8msec. Other values are not smooth enough.

Actually a pro gammajumper told me to use 61 fps, but he didn't know why, so I had to figure out myself :P

nothing else needed. you just need to know how to jump :)

when I used to gammajump I had pmove_fixed 1 and com_maxfps 61. Why?

pmove_fixed is like having 125 fps, but server side, so the server splits you command in 'parts' of 8msec each. If you have 125 fps you 'nullify' pmove_fixed because 1000/125 is already 8 ms, 61 is close to 125/2 so each of my command was split in 2 parts of 8msec. Other values are not smooth enough.

Actually a pro gammajumper told me to use 61 fps, but he didn't know why, so I had to figure out myself :P

that's a depressing answer lol guess its not meant to be :P

trickjumping is just practice. Just keep at it.

Pratice is the secret :excl: .... i use 125 fps and pmove_fixed 0. You don't need pmove 1 in a double jump server. Go in a TJ server and have fun...just in a month u gonna fell the difference.