iPhone 4 and free applications

daredevil

• Administrators

Anyone here using iphone 4? If yes, any suggestions for good applications?

PS I have nothing to do at present and I have no intention to work on server, website and/or forums for couple of days. So this is the best time to mess around the things I have :P

• Administrators

Tango seems good enough.

Looks like Shazam and Pandora are BW killer. I just have basic data plan.

Installed cardstar. It looks useful. :thanks

I think it also depends on what you're interested in. I have a few weather apps ie: "weatherchannel", "the north face snow report", weathereye. Or some sports apps ie: "football live" (nfl) I ride MT. bikes so I have an app to tell me where a lot of the trails are that I don't know of. Gaming apps are cool too, I have blackjack and used to have poker. Or some navigation apps ie: "dashboard" (tells u speed or knots) "Urbanspoon" (gives a list of available places to eat around you, all foods) "AroundMe" (gives you info on all kinds of stuff, gas stations, banks, bars, hospitals, movie theaters. etc.) I noticed "Shazam" was mentioned earlier, if you hear a song on the radio or wherever and want to know who and what song it is, then you activate this app and it will listen to the song and let you know who and what song it is. I'm trying to find an app so I can talk and it will turn it into text (very useful for driving) if anyone knows of this type of app reply to this post and I will check it out.

Hope this was a bit more useful DD.

Edited by Rexinator

Since u have the iphone 4 the IOS games are amazing but some may cost quite abit, but none the less the graphcs are awsome other than that angry birds, stick cricket and doodle fit are good, for comunicating i think skype is useful since they updated their app with video calls but it all depends on what u want and yeh xmobile is good too lol

Mew

Edited by mew

I got the iphone 4 aswell. I like using those fun apps where you take a picture of your face and make it fat or old. Its quite amusing. Skype is also very good with the new update but very bad quality compared to just using the camera. Also the best app is probably the light.Its called something like free light for iphone 4. With the new light on the back of the phone you can turn it into a strobe light which is very good. Dont go buying the paid strobe lights cause i found a free app that has one!

PS I have nothing to do at present and I have no intention to work on server, website and/or forums for couple of days. So this is the best time to mess around the things I have :P

Play an iphone game =P. Then break it in frustration !!! (play mirrors edge iphone edition !! Makes you want to break your phone)

• Administrators

Play an iphone game =P. Then break it in frustration !!! (play mirrors edge iphone edition !! Makes you want to break your phone)

Sorry iphone games are not my cup of tea :P I need good app for my day to day life.

Teamviewer for iPhone. Ideal to work on the servers. :ph34r:

I think it also depends on what you're interested in. I have a few weather apps ie: "weatherchannel", "the north face snow report", weathereye. Or some sports apps ie: "football live" (nfl) I ride MT. bikes so I have an app to tell me where a lot of the trails are that I don't know of. Gaming apps are cool too, I have blackjack and used to have poker. Or some navigation apps ie: "dashboard" (tells u speed or knots) "Urbanspoon" (gives a list of available places to eat around you, all foods) "AroundMe" (gives you info on all kinds of stuff, gas stations, banks, bars, hospitals, movie theaters. etc.) I noticed "Shazam" was mentioned earlier, if you hear a song on the radio or wherever and want to know who and what song it is, then you activate this app and it will listen to the song and let you know who and what song it is. I'm trying to find an app so I can talk and it will turn it into text (very useful for driving) if anyone knows of this type of app reply to this post and I will check it out.

Hope this was a bit more useful DD.

Dragon Dictation

I heard Pandora sells out your information to spammers and advertisers. I don't have much apps so far on my iPhone 4, but Facebook, ScoreCenter (it lets you pick the teams you want to follow), 5-0 Radio (lets you listen to police communication... can be good if your running from the popo), and Talking Tom (which lets you beat up a cat for fun) are the cool ones I have. I haven't tried Colorize yet but yeah, I heard that one is useful. I want to look into apps that utilize the camera better.