A few thoughts about pub servers

Raider-

Most of those things that you mentioned aren't possible without changing the mod itself. There are no cvar values to such things as reducing flak jacket and adding resistance to bullets. Also I haven't done anything with a server config in 6+ months but I don't think you can take away awards for leveling up to 3 heavy weapons. Making it take longer, however, is doable. One thing that I think really needs to go is uni giving damage reduction. It's just ridiculous, like others have said, its hard enough to tell if someone is a covie in disguise. The minimap is ineffective with a group of people together, only fops see enemy in disguise, and stealing the correct uni(covert or engi) makes it harder to tell the weapon difference. Its ridiculous that it should take 70% of my clip to kill a person just because he has two layers of clothes on..... This on top of the fact that there is team hitsounds makes covies in disguise overpowered imo. You can't even check by shooting someone once if they are disguised or not. Changing both of these would make me considerably happier, but just one would make things be evened out.

Knives I feel are fine, if you let someone get that close to you then they deserve to have a chance. You should have been shooting them while they were closing in, so if the knife wasn't stronger than a gun considerably then it would be useless.

I think we should just be glad it's not like COD where its instagib knifing, but that can also be said for adren.

Adren+covie in disguise=Tank. I don't even have that many bullets to kill that monstrosity.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you kronos. You responded about knives just how I feel about them. If I can get that close to a person from the front, and get the kill, its a satisfactory kill. I rarely if ever get high frag award, but I do enjoy knifing. I hear 'why don't you ever use other weapons, and I do at times or when needed...but its no different than a person who always plays a specific class or uses a specific weapon (I.E. engie with rnade, soldier with panzer, Sniper with garand). I can tell that the level of players on hardcore is increasing, because it is getting harder to get knife kills. For those of you who would like to beat a close range frontal knife attack, jump backwards left to right while shooting me. Almost everybody who does this to me ends with my going back to the spawn pool.

Happy fraggins see ya on Hardcore :hi

I do have a request for the hardcore server. Since hardcore is 'supposed' to be hard, can we up the points needed to increase a star/rank? And by increasing, I mean alot. Currently a person can max out battle sense in 400xp, and almost everything else shortly afterwards. We would be able to implement the points system on a rolling xp reset when players reach the 90k max and start over.

• Administrators

I do have a request for the hardcore server. Since hardcore is 'supposed' to be hard, can we up the points needed to increase a star/rank? And by increasing, I mean alot. Currently a person can max out battle sense in 400xp, and almost everything else shortly afterwards. We would be able to implement the points system on a rolling xp reset when players reach the 90k max and start over.

Noted. Will be implemented. Report it on tracker so one day I will sit and fix it up all.

Hardcore will be soon replaced with silent mod also once 0.2.2 silent mod is released.

Suggestions and bugs regarding silent mod goes here:

http://mygamingtalk.com/forums/

PPSH damage is already fixed on silent mod server.

• Administrators

- Covers shouldnt have his "shield" everytime he steal a uniform.

You, raider and anal, etc all pointed same thing. I need little elaboration of this point.

the shield also gives your nervous teammates another option to spot disguised covert ops by shooting them. If you are a not disguised cov op, you receive those "test" shots all the time from your teammates. And it is annoying. So its safer to disguise, but i do not like to have this advantage with the shield.

:rolleyes:

You, raider and anal, etc all pointed same thing. I need little elaboration of this point.

When a covert ops steals and enemies uniform they receive half damage from everything.

g_coverts [bitmask]

8 Coverts in disguise take half the normal combat damage. Just reduce the value by 8 please =)

• Administrators

When a covert ops steals and enemies uniform they receive half damage from everything.

g_coverts [bitmask]

8 Coverts in disguise take half the normal combat damage. Just reduce the value by 8 please =)

That was added so coverts can go ahead and actually destroy obj which they are supposed to do.

Then we also need to remove medic health generation, so that medics health doesn't increase over time and then medics can't take there medic packs?

I do agree 50% less damage is too much. May be 25% is fair enough? What everyone thinks?

That was added so coverts can go ahead and actually destroy obj which they are supposed to do.

Then we also need to remove medic health generation, so that medics health doesn't increase over time and then medics can't take there medic packs?

I do agree 50% less damage is too much. May be 25% is fair enough? What everyone thinks?

If they are doing a good job as a covie then having a disguise should be enough to get to an objective. Besides if I believe satchels make them undisguised anymore, so the uni shield would be useless for the second and a half that they really need it to blow the obj. Less is better though.

But I'm cool with reducing medic health, means 3 shots will finally kill them lol.

regenerating health for medics is not tweaked, but shield and knife is. Thats the point.

edit: i m fine with reducing it to 25% if its possible. As i said, i dont mind having a shield (i only play cov op), but the "test" shots from your teammates are really annoying. Even spamming "i m covertops" does not help.

Edited by anal bomb

• Administrators

regenerating health for medics is not tweaked, but shield and knife is. Thats the point.

edit: i m fine with reducing it to 25% if its possible. As i said, i dont mind having a shield (i only play cov op), but the "test" shots from your teammates are really annoying. Even spamming "i m covertops" does not help.

There are many things that are 'tweaked' on server. So your point is useless.

More or less g_knifeDamage is not tweaked at all. It is what Etpub gives as default. Thats the point if I consider your point.

• Administrators

g_knifeDamage [integer]

Maximum amount of damage a thrown knife will cause to enemy. Actual amount of damage is random.

Default is 35

its not default.

You run the server or me? g_knifeDamage is on 35 since ages. If you don't like to believe, I am not bothered either. I had checked before I posted.

Etpub default is 35 and it is what is on server.