New windows update (cannot connect)

Jesus

21 hours ago, D..X said:

Windows 8 is not supported anymore as far as I know your best bet imo is to update you will have less issues just my 2 cents

Updated to windows 10 and legacy 64 today. 

17 hours ago, RedBaird said:

Last time I actually played was valentines day from the US on Silent map was delivery.. it was a weird map bc the entire allied team fell off and it was axis vs all bots.. since then ive been working non stop, so the only servers ive since tried to log on we’re silent.. i am not blackjesus, that is orfen so he is the euro player youre seeing im assuming.. like i said above i updated to windows 10 and 64 legacy.. i can get on fa legacy with ease.. when i go to switch which is through esc bar to silent it loads and says i dont have necessary files like first it was the actual 64x game file, i put that in, then it disconnected and said it was missing the ammo file.. i havnt tried jaymod, but it seems like none of the files i need are being saved or executed from the silent mod folder.. its not even downloading maps.. before i updated, console said unable to find xmap that appeared i had just downloaded..

17 hours ago, RedBaird said:

16 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Since I started using ETL several years ago, and this is on Linux, I had to use the 32-bit version or it was unplayable. At the time it was Cake who helped me through it and I;ve just always used the 32 bit version since on Linux and on Windows

Old, outdated, unsupported and far behind modern technology??

That doesn't even make sense. Windows 10, OK, but Win 8?? 

I liked my original cars too, like my 69 El Camino and my 73 Chevy Pickup, but I found out AC was better than having that little vent window open in summer.

I think it was 10 the whole time.. i just didnt ever remember updated it myself guess it auto updated

• Like 2

@RedBaird

its gotta be this patch youre speaking of. I literally spent 2 hours today digging through all of this.. unless its something really stupid at the tip of my nose lol

i will try to get on jaymod tomorrow i guess 

• Like 1

• Leader
10 hours ago, Jesus said:

unless its something really stupid at the tip of my nose lol

I know that feeling very well!  :( 

10 hours ago, Jesus said:

i am not blackjesus, that is orfen so he is the euro player youre seeing im assuming..

Yes, I saw that German flag on the 'black' Jesus name, with so many hours of play-time.  Unless you have a unique and registered name on TBS, it seems to 'collect' all the data on the name from 'everywhere'.  

If you add your W:ET and S:ET GUIDs to your profile, I could then send you info from the server-records that I found, BUT you seem to have had at least 3 sets of GUIDs on your IP.  :hmm I do not have to share the GUIDs that are not in your profile when you update it.  :hmm There are 'security concerns' but the info is all on the same IP.  :hmm 

I have not gone back through my collected data, which gets a little complicated with the different "server times", East USA & West EU & TBS (which I think is now GMT for me?)  😄 😄 😄  At least I woke up at a 'normal time' today!

I have a security update for win10 Pro that fails to install, for the last month or so?

My Speaker-Sound failed and when I finally uninstalled the original mother board sound driver and let Microsoft install its drivers, all was fixed.  This  glitch did not affect the headphones.   (Gotta have the speakers working so that I can Blast Old Time Rock & Roll about the house! 😄 )

7 hours ago, RedBaird said:

I know that feeling very well!  :( 

Yes, I saw that German flag on the 'black' Jesus name, with so many hours of play-time.  Unless you have a unique and registered name on TBS, it seems to 'collect' all the data on the name from 'everywhere'.  

If you add your W:ET and S:ET GUIDs to your profile, I could then send you info from the server-records that I found, BUT you seem to have had at least 3 sets of GUIDs on your IP.  :hmm I do not have to share the GUIDs that are not in your profile when you update it.  :hmm There are 'security concerns' but the info is all on the same IP.  :hmm 

I have not gone back through my collected data, which gets a little complicated with the different "server times", East USA & West EU & TBS (which I think is now GMT for me?)  😄 😄 😄  At least I woke up at a 'normal time' today!

I have a security update for win10 Pro that fails to install, for the last month or so?

My Speaker-Sound failed and when I finally uninstalled the original mother board sound driver and let Microsoft install its drivers, all was fixed.  This  glitch did not affect the headphones.   (Gotta have the speakers working so that I can Blast Old Time Rock & Roll about the house! 😄 )

Figured it out. A security patch went out on the 15th for windows 10.. don’t install it if you cant upgrade to 11.. this is preventing legacy from running any other mod than legacy. If i upgrade to 11 it should be fine. This security upgrade also eliminates vanilla all together on 10.. you cannot uninstall this update either. 

Edited by Jesus
  • Sad 1
  • Surprise 1

Which one are you speaking about exactly ?

I am using W10. I installed every updates available and ETL still works fine on silent.

Gengis

• Like 1

• Leader
8 hours ago, Jesus said:

A security patch went out on the 15th for windows 10.

Is this the one?  "February 13, 2024 Security update (KB5034770)  "

February 13, 2024 Security update (KB5034770) - Microsoft Support

ADDED next 2 items: But this is also found online.  KB5034763 is found in my Update History for the 13th, for Win10 22H2

KB5034763 is a mandatory Windows 10 cumulative update containing the February 2024 Patch Tuesday security updates.

Below is the security update that fails installation on my Win10 Pro, on an Intel system not able to update to Win11

"2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5034441)"   (It keeps trying whenever I run Windows UPdate)

That 770 update in the first line is not found in my Update History.  :hmm 

Edited by RedBaird
ADDED

4 hours ago, RedBaird said:

"2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5034441)"   (It keeps trying whenever I run Windows UPdate)

This is normal.

No one can install it.

There is a bug in it and Microsoft is working on it.

There is a work around to install it but it is not recommended unless you are a good tech.

Gengis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Leader
2 hours ago, Jesus said:

Think i got it all working again

How did you solve the problem?  Your words here might help someone else in the future! 😄 

8 hours ago, Jesus said:

Think i got it all working again

Hello Jesus, I'm having the same problem I assume. Please provide us with the solution it might help me 🙏

5 hours ago, HOSSAM said:

Hello Jesus, I'm having the same problem I assume. Please provide us with the solution it might help me 🙏

SS me what your console shows you when you time out. Gotta see where to start. This could get complicated. Be ready.

Edited by Jesus

20 hours ago, Jesus said:

SS me what your console shows you when you time out. Gotta see where to start. This could get complicated. Be ready.

well, thank you first of all, My problem is solved (literally out of nowhere 😄 ) although I may need you in the future 😄 

On 2/25/2024 at 10:03 AM, HOSSAM said:

well, thank you first of all, My problem is solved (literally out of nowhere 😄 ) although I may need you in the future 😄 

I am the best in the biz.. message me for anything 

• Love 1