"Config.cfg could not be executed" pls help

Ziffibert
Go to solution Solved by ZaZa,

I installed the game again, after 10 years, on my new pc.  

So i put a whatever.cfg file in the et main folder, in the profile i created.  

Whenever i try to ecxecute the config via console, it says: "could not execute xxx.cfg"  

It instaed writes a new "etconfig.cfg" file in my prfoile in the main folder, every time i open the game and try to exec my own config.  

The "etconfig.cfg" file alway has name "etplayer" and "max fps" =85.   

How can i get my own config to get executed? Its a .cfg file,  not a text file, and i run everything as administrator

• Solution

Im not sure if you should have putted it in profile folder, try putting it just in the etmain folder and try loading it.

• Like 2
  • 100 4

Are you using ET Legacy or 2.6b version? For Legacy client all files related to game (configs, maps, profiles, mod files etc.) are in Documents. In 2.6b in Program Files. Make sure you put your config in correct place. Also like @ZaZa mentioned, it should be in etmain folder.

Edited by yaku
  • Like 2
  • 100 1

29 minutes ago, ZaZa said:

Im not sure if you should have putted it in profile folder, try putting it just in the etmain folder and try loading it.

Thanks! No, i put it in the etmain folder, not in the profile. 

/e maybe i am a real dumbf*** and put it in the profile folder lol, will look at it tomorrow. Thank you

I found a topic, where it says that it has to do with steam. I first installed the game via steam but then deinstalled the steam version and installed the game on its own via normal google download.  

I deleted everything in the steamfolder but the problem is still there

4 minutes ago, yaku said:

Are you using ET Legacy or 2.6b version? For Legacy client all files related to game (configs, maps, profiles, mod files etc.) are in Documents. In 2.6b in Program Files. Make sure you put your config in correct place. Also like @ZaZa mentioned, it should be in etmain folder.

I dont know which version from top od the head. Will look at this when im home again, thx for your reply as well :)

Edited by Ziffibert
  • Like 2
  • 100 1

1 hour ago, Ziffibert said:

I installed the game again, after 10 years, on my new pc.  

So i put a whatever.cfg file in the et main folder, in the profile i created.  

Whenever i try to ecxecute the config via console, it says: "could not execute xxx.cfg"  

It instaed writes a new "etconfig.cfg" file in my prfoile in the main folder, every time i open the game and try to exec my own config.  

The "etconfig.cfg" file alway has name "etplayer" and "max fps" =85.   

How can i get my own config to get executed? Its a .cfg file,  not a text file, and i run everything as administrator

Heyo! if u are using ET 2.6b.

etconfig.cfg for mods have to be in the folder the mod is in. So the path to the etconfig.cfg will be:

Wolfenstein Enemy Territory/jaymod (or silent etc...)/profiles/nameofyourprofile/etconfig.cfg

949630402_.png.bd92d8344f1469026bb59623bbfe0bc0.png

it needs to be like this

and ofcourse the main config file is in the main folder

wolfenstein enemy territory/etmain/profiles/nameofyourprofile/etconfig.cfg

656962425_.png.5d8983de59ee7f22267a871aa46c20d5.png

Check if there is a "profiles" folder in etmain and the etconfig should be in it!!!!!!!

P.S. not just etmain/etconfig.cfg!!!

Edited by Dimo4ka
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

41 minutes ago, Ziffibert said:

Thanks all, it worked!!!!

Now i have only 3 questions left:

1. Where the hell ae the old vSays like: Meeeeeendooooozaaaa

2. Where can i see my frags - k/d ingame?

3. My gun disapears sometimes, any solution for that?

1) On JayMod look in v8 or v9 dont remeber exactly

2) ALT botton in the game, u will see the table with ur rates

3) Perhaps you changed the config somehow? If not, look on the forum for configs that other players have posted. I don’t know any other reasons why, I somehow just had a black screen in the game, due to the fact that I set up the config crookedly 😐 

Edited by Dimo4ka
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
14 hours ago, Ziffibert said:

Thanks all, it worked!!!!

Now i have only 3 questions left:

1. Where the hell ae the old vSays like: Meeeeeendooooozaaaa

2. Where can i see my frags - k/d ingame?

3. My gun disapears sometimes, any solution for that?

Not all the servers have custom VSAYS. Jay 2 is one that does.

On 12/19/2023 at 8:24 PM, Ziffibert said:

3. My gun disapears sometimes, any solution for that

Hello mate 

You can add this to ur cfg    cg_drawgun 1 or just save it and when this gun thing happen type it in console 

and also on jay1 and silent1 and silent2 when connected to server go to options and and change there like drawgun on/off. 

Anyway when u vid_restart or cvar_restart you chave to changer it again cuz they back to normal.

• Leader
On 12/17/2023 at 10:01 AM, Ziffibert said:

installed the game on its own via normal google download.  

(If you have installed ETLegacy, then ignore all of the words below this!  😄 )

If you used Google to find an ET installer, then you might want to download the "clean & improved" version of ET 2.6b from the Files section.  (Some "off-the-Internet have "added 💩with them"!  )

In the support topic, DareDevil says 

https://fearless-assassins.com/forums/topic/40147-enemy-territory-full-version-enemy-territory-software/?do=findComment&comment=605173&_rid=8926

"Well as soon as you click on our menu we auto load up some nice settings for new players. We remove bob roll and all kind of basic things so they can shoot better. "

The FA servers 'force' more modern settings for Rate and MaxPackets now, too.