Wife's baking addiction

nAbish

• Platinum VIP

If you would like to know what a certain picture is, comment with the picture and I will kindly explain what it is! I have a TON more to share, and will do so periodically. Everything pictured here was done by my wife and myself only. Hope you guys enjoy! @Caipirinha

278258021-165661215884932-23224553325818278367385-165661202551600-82776160107530

278254599-166645082453212-34795489088778278502209-166645129119874-73681490531117278476206-166645152453205-49193719398678

Edited by nAbish
  • Love 1

• Platinum VIP

Easter gift baskets customized per order! 

Having to delete SS to free up space. 

Edited by nAbish
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
  • 100 2

• Platinum VIP
Just now, EVIL BUTTERS said:

Very nice.  If you can't keep up with her butter needs,  I can supply some extra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(_)_)

Heres my Pumpkin Sourdough with smoked cracked pepper.....SUCK IT!!!!!!

393132021_1506747036534842_8090043089678724849_n.jpg

How'd I know this was coming!? xDDDD Looks great though my man! We've never tried homemade bread, might have to soon..

• Haha 2

• Platinum VIP

There's pumpkin cheesecake, pecan pie cheesecake, turtle, little debbie christmas tree cheesecake, and like I say, I will be posting more 😛 

EDIT: PLEASE IF ANYONE IS CURIOUS AS TO WHAT A PICTURE IS, KINDLY ASK. I WILL BE HAPPY TO SHARE ANY AND ALL RECIPES!!! 

Edited by nAbish
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

• Leader

@nAbish two comments:

1) That a woman of such style, artistry and skill chose You for a Husband is a great honor! 😄 

2) I have never seen so many tags on a topic before! 😮  That indicates a great Love and Pride in her in return! 😄 

(First post I have read today, and it puts me in a good mood!) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
3 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

@nAbish two comments:

1) That a woman of such style, artistry and skill chose You for a Husband is a great honor! 😄 

2) I have never seen so many tags on a topic before! 😮  That indicates a great Love and Pride in her in return! 😄 

(First post I have read today, and it puts me in a good mood!) 

Very proud and blessed to call her my wife! She takes great pride in all of her work and wants each order to be as special as possible. She takes great care of my daughter and I; we could not be more blessed! I wanted to create this topic to show everyone what she enjoys doing, along with sharing her recipes! 

1 hour ago, Eazy said:

Yea.. you definatly going to get  bigger at an alarming rate if you re the official tester of all theses goodies. 

Hahahaha oh you know it! xDDDD

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP

So I've got two recipes somewhat put together bear with me here.. I don't know the recipes by heart, my wife doesn't have a "cook book" yet. So, I am having to ask her when she has time what the recipes are 😛 

THE FIRST 

New York Style Cheesecake- Most cheesecakes are based off of this cheesecake so you can use it for (Turtle-Any fruit flavored/topped-and the strawberry shortcake cheesecake that I'll be posting soon) 

First: Prep your spring form pan. Get a piece of parchment paper and line the bottom of the pan with it. Spray with LOTS of Pam (non stick spray) the line the outside of pan with foil, and wrap with a crock pot liner. This will keep the water from the "water bath" you give it later out. 

The crust is a graham cracker crust, we use 1 whole packet, out of the graham cracker box. If that makes sense. Melt down 5 tablespoons of unsalted butter and mix it with the crushed graham crackers. Add in 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar as well. Give it a good mix and press into the bottom of a 8-9in spring form pan. Bake the crust itself at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.

Cheesecake:

4-8oz blocks of room temperature cream cheese. (room temp ingredients are VERY important) 

3-room temp large eggs

1-tablespoon of vanilla extract

2-teaspoons of lemon juice

1-cup sour cream (this is very important!)

1-cup sugar

Mix all ingredients together other than the eggs, we use a big mixer. The eggs go last, be sure to mix the eggs in one at a time until fully incorporated. (Add one egg mix, add another, mix, etc.) Be sure not to overmix, but always want to be sure everything is fully mixed together. Once that is done you are ready to add the mixture into the pan with your crust! Now the catchy part. You will need another pan (bigger than your cheesecake pan) that you will add water to, just a little more than covering the bottom. This is the "water bath" submerge your cheesecake pan into the other pan (making sure the water does not go over.) This will make sure the cheesecake cooks evenly and does not crack.  Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Once done it should be just a tad jiggly still. Open over door and allow to sit for an hour. Once the hour is up, take out of water bath and allow to finish cooling on the counter. You can take off crock pot liner and foil at this point. Once it cools you can then add to the fridge to completely cool! 

If you have any questions, please let me know! I hope you enjoy! 

NEXT:

Banana Pudding Cheesecake:

The crust is vanilla wafers, use about 1/2 the box/bag, finely chop them, mix with 5 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. 

Cheesecake mixture:

4 blocks of cream cheese softened at room temperature

3 eggs at room temp

1 cup of freshly pureed bananas. 
package of 3.4 oz banana cream Jello brand pudding. 
tablespoon of vanilla extract (can use less if wanted.)

1 cup of sugar. 

Mix cream cheese, sugar, and pudding mix until smooth. 

Add bananas, and vanilla, beat until incorporated. 

Slowly add 1 egg at a time, letting the egg mix completely, then adding the next egg. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 70 minutes. We do a “water bath” for our cheesecakes. I’d recommend looking up how to properly prepare the cheesecake pan before cooking. 

just a tip: we use parchment paper on the bottom of our spring form pan, then use LOTS of Pam (cooking spray) to ensure crust and cheesecake does not stick to the pan. Wrap pan in foil tightly, we then use a “crock pot liner” to wrap the cheesecake pan after baking the crust. Use a bigger pan and add just a little water to the pan. Once you add the cheesecake mixture to your spring form and it’s wrapped in foil and crock pot liner, submerge your spring form (cheesecake pan) into the other pan with water. This will ensure proper baking and make sure the cheesecake doesn’t crack. For the topping we used fresh banana slices, chopped up vanilla wafers, and homemade whipped topping. We just used a recipe on the internet for the whipped topping. You can always use store bought as well. 

IF you have ANY questions please feel free to reach out and ask!! Let me know how it goes! :) 

Melt your butter for the crust before mixing with vanilla wafers and sugar. You can always use as much wafers for your crust as you want, I like an extra thick crust tbh

Edited by nAbish
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• Platinum VIP

Some custom birthday cakes, chocolate covered pretzels, and cakesickles! (Cakesickles are basically a bigger version of a cake pop.) 

Having to delete SS to free up space. 

Edited by nAbish
  • Like 1
  • Love 1