ET BEGINNERS #2 Display Shuffle command in console

REER

Hello,

You used to be able to see in the console on BEG2 when someone executed the shuffle command, but now it's no longer displayed.

Why was it changed? I think it opens up the possibility of abuse so I suggest showing it again.

• Thanks 1

Beg2 is Silent mod server. It has autoshuffle implemented. If that takes action you won't be able to see who executed command cause noone did. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, REER said:

I think it opens up the possibility of abuse so I suggest showing it again

I don't agree. If admin does it manually, then he thinks that need to shuffle teams for fair balance. I don't see admin abuse here

Edited by Vasylich
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

2 hours ago, REER said:

possibility of abuse so I suggest showing it again.

What kind of abuse? I can't see how admins can abuse shuffle cmmd. First, you just use shuffle if teams are completely uneven, then, you will save time don't using !putteam.

Second, the only "abuse" i can see here, it's using shuffle after game begins. But, lemme clarify, this is the main rule about this cmmd. 

And as others said above, each 3 maps silent mod servers will "autoshuffle". For the last, just a ps. If autoshuffle didn't work and teams sucks, admin can shuffle again or use !putteam, depends on each case. 

• Like 1

This is simple, as everyone says, there is the autoshuffle every three maps when there are exactly 15 seconds left to start. If you see that there is shuffle in the 10th or 25th second, it is because some admin has done it, using silent commands (it is by adding this bar in the console /)

Example: /!shuffle

Tip: always use /record and /statsdump

If an admin always uses /!shuffle and you notice that it has not been used correctly, recording everything then you can make the complaint here (of course if there are several admins online you will not know who it was, but the sum of the demos will make you deduce who always does the same)

Note: in my experience in all these years of being an administrator, I have always tried to use !shuffle as little as possible. I am one of those who believe that this is not good for the game, many end up leaving because the shuffle is the "easiest" when there are uneven teams. I have always chosen to move some "skilled" player to the weaker team. This way (perhaps a private message to this skilled player) makes the teams match up well, the skilled player feels important, and no one leaves the server upset.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

25 minutes ago, Betinho said:

If an admin always uses /!shuffle and you notice that it has not been used correctly, recording everything then you can make the complaint here (of course if there are several admins online you will not know who it was, but the sum of the demos will make you deduce who always does the same)

Thank you for your answer! Why not just display who executed the command in the console like it was in the past?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Betinho said:

Note: in my experience in all these years of being an administrator, I have always tried to use !shuffle as little as possible. I am one of those who believe that this is not good for the game, many end up leaving because the shuffle is the "easiest" when there are uneven teams. I have always chosen to move some "skilled" player to the weaker team. This way (perhaps a private message to this skilled player) makes the teams match up well, the skilled player feels important, and no one leaves the server upset.

It depends on the number of players. The sorting algorithm of !shuffle works very well when two conditions are met: large number of players with a normal skill distribution. Then you end up with evenly matched teams, skill-wise, at least with regards to fragging as Silent sorts by KR, not by PRW.

Where the shuffle algorithm fails is when you have only a few players and the skill-distribution is skewed (for example one very good player and otherwise only average players). There you would need a more complex sorting algorithm, like the ones many modern games use for skill-based matchmaking.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, yaku said:

image.png.842c41f0136aa3fc22fc7d2ace7d1a75.png

We have a misunderstanding here. I'm talking about showing in the console for every other player which administrator manually executed the shuffle command.

As I just found out, higher level admins can also use silent commands.

Edited by REER
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gengis said:

This.

Admins are trusted.

Gengis

Admins are humans and so they can do wrong like we all do from time to time. Anyway, thanks for the answers and information!

Edited by REER