Stuck on an infinite loop of "Preparing Automatic Repair" on Windows 10 HELP!

Elf

My main ET computer too! Stuck in an infinite loop of "Preparing Automatic Repair", I can't get to troubleshoot options/safe mode / I can get to f11 BIOS to change boot mode, the computer when it starts won't read the USB  new windows repair flash when I make it first boot.   Pushing f4 to safe mode won't help? What else? Thanks\

• Sad 2
  • Surprise 3

Press F8 repeatedly while the computer starts up. This is how the Windows Boot Options menu appears. Then go to Troubleshoot -> Advanced Options -> Startup Settings. Finally, follow the instructions to enable Safe Mode.

1 hour ago, Elf said:

I can't get to troubleshoot options/safe mode

idk if this helps but you can also check this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-preparing-automatic-repair-loop/4fc60881-ffd7-41e2-90bf-7ea4767f729d

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, D..X said:

Press F8 repeatedly while the computer starts up. This is how the Windows Boot Options menu appears. Then go to Troubleshoot -> Advanced Options -> Startup Settings. Finally, follow the instructions to enable Safe Mode.

idk if this helps but you can also check this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-preparing-automatic-repair-loop/4fc60881-ffd7-41e2-90bf-7ea4767f729d

Ok I will try that I going put into a another computer too.

1 hour ago, Leatherface said:

My only suggest is, put a new windows on it ( for free )

Ahgghhhghghggghggh lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Elf said:

My main ET computer too! Stuck in an infinite loop of "Preparing Automatic Repair", I can't get to troubleshoot options/safe mode / I can get to f11 BIOS to change boot mode, the computer when it starts won't read the USB  new windows repair flash when I make it first boot.   Pushing f4 to safe mode won't help? What else? Thanks\

How did you create the USB?

If you can see the USB in the boot list (usually F12 on boot) then chances are it is the install that is the problem. With Windows 10 and 11 you usually have to use the windows media creation tool in order for the device to boot correctly.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Also its usually F8 at boot in order to access safe mode etc. Worse case you can literally pull the power on boot 3 times and it should auto into troubleshooting mode

Edited by Snuffs99

I did

52 minutes ago, Snuffs99 said:

If you can see the USB in the boot list (usually F12 on boot) then chances are it is the install that is the problem. With Windows 10 and 11 you usually have to use the windows media creation tool in order for the device to boot correctly.

Also its usually F8 at boot in order to access safe mode etc. Worse case you can literally pull the power on boot 3 times and it should auto into troubleshooting mode

I did its stuck in the recovery that is why I cant get to the usb.

I'm backing up everything right now. 

1 hour ago, Snuffs99 said:

I went to MS and downloaded to my computer then went through to for another computer thing to install win onto the USB.

28 minutes ago, Elf said:

I did

I did its stuck in the recovery that is why I cant get to the usb.

Recovery cannot stop the USB booting mate.

Either the USB is bootable in which case it boots straight to setup.... Or its not, in which case the computer will fall back to the next bootable device, which usually would be your current stuck in loop Windows 10 install on your hard drive.

20 minutes ago, Elf said:

I'm backing up everything right now. 

I went to MS and downloaded to my computer then went through to for another computer thing to install win onto the USB.

Ok, but did you use the Microsoft media creation tool to create the USB? If not what did you use? 

I'm asking because it can matter.

For example if you use the windows 7 USB creation tool to create a windows 10 bootable USB it would not boot. 

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1

I used the win 10, not the win 7.  went right to the MS website

Thanks mate.

I have to do re-stall I think

• Surprise 1

UPDATE:  its the motherboard, if I'm going change the MB i'm updating the CPU too :)   ha ha! Gaming baby! Took us like 2 hours maybe 3.

• Like 1

• Leader
57 minutes ago, Elf said:

UPDATE:  its the motherboard, if I'm going change the MB i'm updating the CPU too :)   ha ha! Gaming baby! Took us like 2 hours maybe 3.

How did "you guys" figure that out?  😮 

• 100 2