ET Legacy

zETdEErY
Go to solution Solved by kajto3,

Hello everyone 

Need some help with legacy newest released version, had some other issues but manage to sort it. I cant connect to fa / silent 1 server when I run ET legacy. Now when I write this question comes up to my head, if this even possible to play other mods then legacy ? 

Thanks

20230807_150552.jpg

After you got the error message, open your console and read it. You will find the error messages there that will help solve the issue.

About the mods, i am not sure to understand. But i can say i join S1 with ET Legacy and it works fine.

Gengis

Edited by Gengis

With ETLegacy is possible to play other mods than legacy mod. As @kajto3 mentioned, try to instal 32-bit version.  Even tho i'm using 64-bit windows, I am running 32-bit version of ETLegacy without problems.

This error message you are getting, says you are missing 64-bit file from silent folder. And the mod gave you only 32-bit version of the file.

• Like 1
  • 100 2

On 8/12/2023 at 10:39 PM, PrOLAK said:

Hello everyone 

Need some help with legacy newest released version, had some other issues but manage to sort it. I cant connect to fa / silent 1 server when I run ET legacy. Now when I write this question comes up to my head, if this even possible to play other mods then legacy ? 

Thanks

20230807_150552.jpg

Hey Prolak, this has been addressed previously. You're missing a dll to run the game, you can find the file here:

Thanks for your time and help guys

You righy kajto3 I just install 32 bit version and its working, I appreciate it

btw when I try to do few changes in option-system Legacy just shut down anybody know why ? also when I go from silent1 to jaymod1 I have no head sound but if I connect other way sound fine, had this issue on 2.60b as well.

53 minutes ago, PrOLAK said:

when I try to do few changes in option-system Legacy just shut down anybody know why ?

well it depends on the settings you changed! Please be more specific :) did you mess with mode/resolution maybe?

55 minutes ago, PrOLAK said:

when I go from silent1 to jaymod1 I have no head sound but if I connect other way sound fine

by "head sound" you mean the sound in your headphones? Does /snd_restart fix it? Haven't encountered such issue

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PrOLAK said:

also when I go from silent1 to jaymod1 I have no head sound but if I connect other way sound fine, had this issue on 2.60b as well.

Headshot sounds missing? It's some mod switching bug in the game i think. /snd_restart in the console, or restart the game when switching mods should fix the problem.

• 100 1

On 8/16/2023 at 1:09 AM, kajto3 said:

well it depends on the settings you changed! Please be more specific :) did you mess with mode/resolution maybe?

by "head sound" you mean the sound in your headphones? Does /snd_restart fix it? Haven't encountered such issue

things like resolution, or when I press open home and I cant find console file to see whats the error

On 8/16/2023 at 1:09 AM, kajto3 said:

Like headshoot hitbox sound yh snd restart helps but when I type any restart like vid or cvaar or snd restart legacy just shut down

The log file should be in the mod folder of the mod you play on (legacy is the default mod in ETL, so unless you already joined another server or changed the mod in the menu, it's the one that you use once you start a game etc) 

cvar_restart should help with broken settings and crashes on vid_restart, that's one solution (you say cvar_restart also crashes you?), you also can just find the bad cvar and change/reset it. Share your cfg maybe? 

Could be something outside config but not sure

• Like 1