Other ETPro mod and punkbuster

Armagedonyx
Go to solution Solved by daredevil,

Hey guys, today once again, I need help with something. I would like to play on Hirntot server that uses the ETPro mod but for that, I need Punkbuster. However I checked, and Punkbuster no longer works on this game. So what do I do now ? 

You can't join ETPro with your Legacy client. You need the default ET version that you can get from SplashDamage website. Install it somewhere else. Then when you launch the game for the first time, you need to check the Enable punkbuster box (or click something, I don't remember exactly).

• Like 4

• Administrators
  • Solution

Use the ET.exe to play on ETPRO servers. Nothing special required. This download contains PB as well. 

• Like 2
  • 100 2

2 hours ago, RASHOMON said:

You can't join ETPro with your Legacy client. You need the default ET version that you can get from SplashDamage website. Install it somewhere else. Then when you launch the game for the first time, you need to check the Enable punkbuster box (or click something, I don't remember exactly).

Does it work with the Steam version of ET ?

• Administrators

ETPRO mod has checks for 2.6b file. If you don't have correct exe, it will kick you for integrity or checksum violation (I forgot which one - long time) . I am not sure if steam version has 2.6b or anything modified. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Armagedonyx said:

I have another issue have installing the vanilla W:ET, I need a "key" to play on ETPro, so where do I find it ?

you need "etkey"? You should have one coming with the install.

If thats the thing you need, get one here http://etkey.net/

and paste it in your etmain folder.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
51 minutes ago, Armagedonyx said:

I have another issue have installing the vanilla W:ET, I need a "key" to play on ETPro, so where do I find it ?

You can use the key from your ETL install. I always play 2.60b on Windows when I'm going to rn a new Linux Distro and copy it to my ELT Folder on Linux

6 hours ago, D..X said:

it should be in your ETmain folder it will say etkey just follow the 

6 hours ago, D..X said:

it should be in your ETmain folder it will say etkey just follow the 

image.png.0df6af12a88ead17cb5ca9364096cfb7.png

My key was in ETmain folder, yes, but after trying to play the game, it still did not let me join any server. What did I do wrong ?

• Platinum VIP
10 hours ago, Armagedonyx said:

But where do i locate the key after installation ? And how do I proceed to backup my main etkey ?

Look for the etlegacy folder with etmain in it.

Not sure where it will be in Windows. I can tell you in Linux, it's a hidden folder in your Home.

For me, that would be 

/home/hipkat/.etlegacy/etmain/

Edited by -=HipKat=-

5 hours ago, Armagedonyx said:

Answering in French for clarity:

Tu pourras me streamer ton truc sur le discord de FA ce soir si tu veux, histoire de te dépanner.

Si tu as installé la version jeu par défaut ailleurs, tu n'as pas besoin de sauvegarder ton etkey de la version Legacy, tu en crées une autre que tu mets dans le dossier etmain de la version par défaut. Ou alors, tu copies-colles l'etkey de la version Legacy dans le dossier etmain de la version par défaut que tu viens d'installer. Et sinon, quel est le message d'erreur que tu reçois quand tu essaies de te connecter à un serveur etpro ?

e: if admins want me to translate, I will, just let me know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RASHOMON said:

Answering in French for clarity:

Tu pourras me streamer ton truc sur le discord de FA ce soir si tu veux, histoire de te dépanner.

Si tu as installé la version jeu par défaut ailleurs, tu n'as pas besoin de sauvegarder ton etkey de la version Legacy, tu en crées une autre que tu mets dans le dossier etmain de la version par défaut. Ou alors, tu copies-colles l'etkey de la version Legacy dans le dossier etmain de la version par défaut que tu viens d'installer. Et sinon, quel est le message d'erreur que tu reçois quand tu essaies de te connecter à un serveur etpro ?

e: if admins want me to translate, I will, just let me know.

Je te dirais ça ce soir. Et oui je vais essayer de le streamer pour que vous voyez où je veux en venir.